The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this has been posted in the past.....

But if someone could be so kind to point me in the right direction or tell me what they are using to protect the black door sills from scuff marks upon ingress or egress I would appreciate it.

My BRG,Hardtop, Touring isn't due for a few months but I want to be ready.

Thank you.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
atyclb said:
I'm using my elastic gymnastic abilities :D
Me too:)

I have not found it to be a problem that needs to be solved...

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
The sills seems to be holding up well on my car.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok.....

Thanks guys.....

I thought I recalled a thread where someone said they covered them with some clear plastic or something.

They do seem to scratch easily. All the cars or demos I have seen (3 or 4) have marks on them.

Well this thread is here.........we'll see what else turns up!
:D

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
The demos were really bad, but they changed the sills for the production cars.

·
Registered
384 Posts
The product is Lamin-X www.lamin-x.com

Here's the thread:
http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5870&highlight=laminx

I put in on my car. Pretty easy to install. It's shiny when it dries. Figured I would beat the film up instead of the sill while I learn how to gracefully get in and out. Peels off if you want to remove it later and reveal the pristine unscuffed sill. Costs about $35 for the set of two that rolls over the edges.

I like it, some days I'm just clumsy and drag my feet all over the sill. Nice knowing that I'm not defacing anything. Keeps me sane when passengers get in and out also.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Not an issue, unless you are a big time clutz or you wear bike cleats on your shoes or ice skates. Oh how hum drum.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Regarding the film - would this be good to put on the headlights as well? Never used anything like this...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ah perfect. I'm not so worried about myself, but my klutzy coworkers who all want a ride in the car. I have one coworker who swung the door open on my bimmer by pushing with his foot. I just about had an apopoleptic fit. These guys just have no clue...

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yes this works for the headlights i think the aftermarket versions of the starshield includes headlight film. You should be able to get headlight film only if you already have starshield

·
Registered
816 Posts
Ok. The headlight film looks good. Tailight too I suppose; it's a kit. What size would you recommend for the sills?

·
Registered
816 Posts
elise77 said:
I am working on some Lexan removable sill protectors.

They should be ready by the first of the year.

PatS
Sounds interesting - let me know!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Lamin-X sill protectors for the Elise come precut. Give them a call for more info, I don't think it's on their website.

Headlight film is supposed to be fairly challenging to install.

·
Registered
187 Posts
heidi528 said:
Sounds interesting - let me know!
I believe I have seen you at Giovanies deli.

Next time I see the car I will introduce myself. My office is only minutes from there.

I will keep you posted. I hope to have a donor car this weekend to measure off of.

·
Registered
816 Posts
elise77 said:
I believe I have seen you at Giovanies deli.

Next time I see the car I will introduce myself. My office is only minutes from there.

I will keep you posted. I hope to have a donor car this weekend to measure off of.
Hmm... I do stop in CVS occasionally, in the same plaza? My office is around the corner as well. Assist-2-Sell, next to the Post Office. If you need to measure anything for the car, let me know when and I'll make sure I drive it that day. Weather permitting, of course!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts