The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 83 Esprit and when the vehicle was delivered, the drivers door was damaged. I presented a claim for damages to the carrier, but it was denied (that's a different thread). The general concensus is that the door was hyper extended.

The car is in the shop for repairs and my main concern now is making sure it doesn't happen again. Is there some sort of door stop on the Esprit to prevent the doors from hyper extending? Factory or after-market?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I recently bought an 83 Esprit and when the vehicle was delivered, the drivers door was damaged. I presented a claim for damages to the carrier, but it was denied (that's a different thread). The general concensus is that the door was hyper extended.

The car is in the shop for repairs and my main concern now is making sure it doesn't happen again. Is there some sort of door stop on the Esprit to prevent the doors from hyper extending? Factory or after-market?
Not that I know of but they only open so far. I have to edumacate passengers that they cant swing them open 12 feet like a 1975 Che.vy Impala.

I know - sucks though. Hopefull someone chimes and lets us know...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts