The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'05 elise.
I recently stoped for gas, when i returned to my car i couldnt start it, the imobilizer wouldnt disarm, nor would my door locks via the key fob.

After getting it towed to my house, i checked every fuse, all good. All power is good. I assume the alarm is bad. I dont need it. I Just want to remove the problem.

I read other threads and i think i understand the wire jumping, i just dont know where the alarm is located.

I tried to find the thread i read a while ago with photos and all and i just cant locate it again. can anyone point me in the right direction. The weather is so nice now, im eager to get out there.
Thank you.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Check the easiest first:
a) Vehicle battery
b) Remote fob battery
c) Resync the remote fobs http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f129/remote-key-fob-immobilizer-programming-70940/
If none of those work, then you look into the alarm module which is located behind the passenger side dash access panel above the little opening.
Cheers,
Michael

'05 elise.
I recently stoped for gas, when i returned to my car i couldnt start it, the imobilizer wouldnt disarm, nor would my door locks via the key fob.

After getting it towed to my house, i checked every fuse, all good. All power is good. I assume the alarm is bad. I dont need it. I Just want to remove the problem.

I read other threads and i think i understand the wire jumping, i just dont know where the alarm is located.

I tried to find the thread i read a while ago with photos and all and i just cant locate it again. can anyone point me in the right direction. The weather is so nice now, im eager to get out there.
Thank you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts