The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled out of my driveway this afternoon to go to the dealership to show them the scale model Elise I bought the other day that they wanted to see.

I get to the end of my street and make a turn to go out of the development and a silver Esprit passes me. I think it is the dealer since I know they have a silver one in stock, so I turn around and see if I can follow him. By the time I turn around the car is gone and has turned down one of the side streets, so then I go to the dealership, walk in and they have their silver Esprit on their showroom floor!

If only 200 Esprits are made a year, and lets say they have 10 colors, that means that there are about 20 silver Esprits made per year for the entire country, so assuming it is a newer model which it looked like it was, lets say there are 60 silver ones in the US. This would equate to about one for every 50 million people.

What are the chances of randomly seeing 2 Esprits that are the same color on the same day, within 10 minutes of each other?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
About the same as getting my Elise in Ice Blue.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Not as rare as ice blue Elise, silver is a popular color, they don't make the colors equally.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
babak said:
Not as rare as ice blue Elise, silver is a popular color, they don't make the colors equally.
I was kinda referring to the "within 10 minutes of each other" part, without taking it too literally.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Considering you saw one at the dealership and you live close to the dealership, I don't think it is rare to see 2 within 10 minutes. What if they had 2 silvers at the dealership. Then you would have seen 3 in 10 minutes. :D

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Double Vision

ConeFusion said:
Since when is the US population 3 billion?
Oops I meant to do it based on 300 Million, not 3 billion, so it should be 1/10th of that.

But you never know, I may have forgot to count all the illegal aliens. I guess I should be politically correct and call them "undocumented workers":rolleyes:

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Am I the only one who noticed he's from Florida? Are the events of the last presidential election so distant in everyone's mind? We all know they have trouble counting down there...must be all the sun. ;)

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
MattG said:
Am I the only one who noticed he's from Florida? Are the events of the last presidential election so distant in everyone's mind? We all know they have trouble counting down there...must be all the sun. ;)
Nope, it is all of the happy hour pina coladas deleting our brain cells:D

Just be glad that people down here aren't in charge of calculating the allocation numbers for the dealers or we would all be in trouble.

Now if I can only convince them into believing that the price on my contract is $4,000 not $40,000

1 - 13 of 13 Posts