Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey buddy.

Might want to check for cyclists on the other side of the road before you go passing cars. I gave you the finger pretty close to your windshield—not sure if you noticed.

I owe you a nice loogie in your face (sorry, wasn't quick enough on the draw today) or you owe me a sincere apology. Or, both.

Cheers,
bay area cyclist. feel free to message me.

ps spare me the talk about how the roads are all open for your enjoyment. i've done my share of joyriding in fast cars and gave it up...because it's pointless.

·
Registered
191 Posts
..hrmm right of way? iuno whats going on lol

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I share the same views are Clarkson about bikes...

·
Registered
582 Posts
Phew.. yellow, its not me, I'm wine red.
I've seen the yellow one though, blonde guy, long-ish hair. We thumbs-upped on 280.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
4 wheels = car

2 wheels = target for car

1 wheel = slower target for car

Todd -poke-
so i guess thats the way you would feel if a truck ran you over in your lane? that an Elise is a "target for trucks" i mean - you have to be defense when your exposing yourself to larg objects, whether is on a motorcycle, cycling, or whatever... but that doesn't justify others to willfully endager others.

ohh - and it wasn't me! i am in San diego and my car was in the garage while i was cycling too:)

·
Registered
933 Posts
Hey buddy.

Might want to check for cyclists on the other side of the road before you go passing cars. I gave you the finger pretty close to your windshield—not sure if you noticed.

I owe you a nice loogie in your face (sorry, wasn't quick enough on the draw today) or you owe me a sincere apology. Or, both.

Cheers,
bay area cyclist. feel free to message me.

ps spare me the talk about how the roads are all open for your enjoyment. i've done my share of joyriding in fast cars and gave it up...because it's pointless.

How about sparing us from your "share the road with a cyclist" drama. I am an avid cyclist and close calls are part of the game. You survived, so why are you whining?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Lighten up dude , I ride a bike as well as drive a Lotus.

Or did you miss the -poke- in the above posting ?

Todd :wallbang:

PS... an yeah you got's to be a scared of the big bad truckers out there...lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How about sparing us from your "share the road with a cyclist" drama. I am an avid cyclist and close calls are part of the game. You survived, so why are you whining?
this certainly wasn't about 'sharing the road'. this was about getting the heck off of the side of the road that guy shouldn't have been on. i'm not one of these militant Critical Mass types...

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I HATE... HATE bikes on the road with a passion. Not saying this guy was in the wrong and the Elise was'nt. Just saying it should be illegal.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I HATE... HATE bikes on the road with a passion. Not saying this guy was in the wrong and the Elise was'nt. Just saying it should be illegal.
Its just annoying to me, nothing more nothing less. But then on roads with a bike lane I hate when the start taking our space too, but I'm still considerate, just reciprocate, thats all i ask

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
F*ck close calls. I don't cycle anymore after fracturing my right acetabulum when I got hit by an inattentive driver on my daily cycling commute while I was in a bike lane. Personally, I say "share the road." Pay attention and watch out for obstacles when you're driving. If you can't do that, then don't drive.

962, I'm glad you didn't get hit.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Fortunately you were able to post and it wasn't post hu mous!:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
by the way, just to be clear—i'm not suggesting this guy was somehow malicious in his actions or wants to hurt anybody. he just needs to be a bit more aware on his 'joyrides', as do a lot of drivers in general (when it comes to other vehicles, bicycles or not).

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.