The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Chicago for the next few days for work. Can anyone recommend a "must try" restaurant downtown? I'm staying at the Sheraton by Navy Pier.

By the way, I saw a red Elise with a huge wing, panel delete exhaust and HID headlights down between Navy Pier and Miracle Mile yesterday morning. Looked great.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Every time I go to Chicago I've got to make a stop at Noodles in the Pot. I love their Pad Thai!

2453 N. Halsted St. Chicago, IL 60614
Telephone: (773) 975-6177 Fax: (773) 975-6190

Business hours:
Sunday-Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Friday-Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Ian: You saw OriginalBlackCi :D

Restaurants? Depends upon what kind of food you like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tried to post this an hour ago... so if you see it twice...

Hot Diggity Dog, 251 E Ohio St (between Fairbanks Ct & St Clair St)
I get the italian beef, dipped with the hot pickled veggies.
for dinner...
Quartinos, Italian, 626 N State St, State and Onterio, loud and busy.
Bistro 110, 110 E Pearson St, up by the Watertower, a Levy Restaurant, been there awhile, serves roasted garlic with the bread/cocktail course...

Terry
95 Dinan SC M3
88 Supercharged MR2
Elise wanabe...

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
It looks like we may do Quartinos for dinner tonight and a hot dog joint tomorrow for lunch.

Any last minute suggestions?

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, first post and Banic wins.:cool:
rotfl
I like all kinds of food, but for some reason italian just sounds good. You were correct about the red elise though. The vanity plate proves you correct.

·
Registered
787 Posts
South Water Kitchen. Don't let the name fool you it is very high end food.

If it is on the menu get the homamade butterscotch pudding with toffee or the chocolate fudge cake with pistachio ice cream ( it's all made from scratch).

For breakfast go to Lou Mitchells, a Chicago tradition.

http://www.southwaterkitchen.com/

Lou Mitchell's Restaurant

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I'm sorry but the original numero uno or duo just are10 times better then the franchises and are a must.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Volare's for Awesome Italian food. Always packed and stellar Martini's.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We went to Quartino's and it was awesome.

Any suggestions for tomorrow would be greatly appreciated. :)

·
Anthony
604 Posts
Kinzie Chop House 400 North Wells St
Chicago, IL 60654
Tel: (312) 822-0191

Near the Merchandise Mart, downtown. If you like steaks, try the “Kinzie Cut,” a 16 oz steak...wowee!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Hey, that was me! I live by Navy Pier and that's my usual buzzing area. :wave:

I would also recommend Frontera if you like mexican food. Chicago is one of the best mexican food cities in the nation and Frontera is one of the best here. They don't usually take reservations but open at 5pm. I just go about a quarter to 5 and wait in line and get a table fine. If you show up at 5, it's an hour wait. If you show up at 7, it's two hours. Try some Chicago deep dish while you're here. My personal favorite is Gino's East with the sausage patty (1/4" sausage layer across whole pizza). Most people prefer Lou Malnati's but you can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
451 Posts
if you want some non-traditional pie, check out chicago pizza and oven grinder. They make their pizzas upside down in a bowl, tasty. Gotta get the house salad and flatbread appetizers. Chicago Pizza And Oven Grinder Co.

Also, don't miss out on hot doug's for lunch. best sausage in the world. Be prepared to wait a bit in line though.
Hot Doug's
just read today's specials :
The Game of the Week
Antelope Sausage with Blackberry Creme Fraiche and Cranberry-White Cheddar Cheese
$8.00

The Tyler Houston (Today's Celebrity Sausage)
Jamaican Jerk Pork Sausage with Spicy Passion Fruit Mayonnaise and Smoked Gouda Cheese
$7.50

Other Specials
Curry Lamb Sausage with Spinach Raita and Kasseri Cheese
$7.50

Smoked Apple Chicken Sausage with Spicy Citrus-Apple Salsa and Sartori Raspberry Cheese
$7.50

Brown Ale and Chipotle Buffalo Sausage with Chili-Garlic Mustard and Vintage Farmhouse Cheese
$8.00

Smoked Mole Chicken Sausage with Jalapeno Mayonnaise and Habanero-Jack Cheese
$7.50

Bell Pepper, Mozzarella and Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Sausage with Spicy Marinara and Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
$7.50

Portuguese Linguica with Saffron Rouille and 1-Year Manchego Cheese
$7.50

Mandarin Orange and Teriyaki Chicken Sausage with Sweet Chili Sauce and Crispy Fried Onions
$7.00

Bacon and Jalapeno Duck Sausage with Blood Orange Mustard and Shaft's Blue Cheese
$8.00

Veal and Parsley Weisswurst with Goose Island Pere Jacques Beer Mustard and Caerphilly Cheese
$6.00

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
Usually once a year... Why? Wanna ask me out? <3
not interested in the least bit to ask you out.
just wondering what you are doing in the midwest thread suggesting chain restaurants in chicagoland when you are here once a year at most...
just feel the need to comment in every thread?
quit pissing in every corner of the site, you dont have to leave your mark EVERYWHERE.
:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts