The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noted that the Motorsports Section has the subtitle "Autocross, Track, Dragracing and more".
There is a subsection for Autocross and for road racing, but it appears Drag Racing does not have a subsection even though it is in the subtitle for the section.

Why is that? Is there a conspiracy against drag racing?

:D

Thanks,
Greg

P.S. Is there a kit yet to put a twin turbo bored and stroked to 427 CI chevy LS1 in an Elise yet? :eek:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem with an 8-71 is that it would be a transverse installation. You would need a custom injector scoop. That would push it out of the reasonable price range.

The real problem would fuel milage on such a small tank. You would have to be filling up all the time.

Greg

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Racer X said:
The problem with an 8-71 is that it would be a transverse installation. You would need a custom injector scoop. That would push it out of the reasonable price range.
Reasonable? I was thinking of this in terms of on top of a big block, which I'd mount longitudinal. Use a G50 transaxle and stretch the car by a few feet, to make some room. :p

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Evl said:
and stretch the car by a few feet, to make some room. :p
You ever tried to weld aluminum? It's a pain in the ass. Maybe you should just leave the tub as it is and bold a steel space-frame onto the back to extend it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts