The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've talked with a few people about taking a trip to the Dragon's Tail this Sunday. If anyone is interested in meeting or going there, please post here. I live between Atlanta and the tail so anyone coming up from Atlanta is welcome to stop by and take a short break before the last hour of driving. I went up a few weeks ago on Sunday morning and found it wasn't very busy. A few locals told me that Sunday mornings are a great time to ride/drive. I'm not looking forward to getting up super early on Sunday but anywhere from 9am-11am would be perfect.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,682 Posts
I'm probably gonna hold off this time because its a three hour drive for me each way and my Elise's arrival is just around the corner. I know once it shows up I'll be heading up there anyway.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There will be other trips. You must be losing a lot of sleep knowing the car is right around the corner!

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,682 Posts
eliseowner2b said:
There will be other trips. You must be losing a lot of sleep knowing the car is right around the corner!
I've gone from excited to frustrated to numb. It will get here whenever the hell it gets here.

I do know that it was built in Hethel on October 21st and put on a boat on October 25th. I guess its probably in port right now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well if I'm not busy with work I might go out there. I just got a new 3 CCD camcorder and a Chasecam mount. I'd love to get some video.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
weather looks iffy for now... if forecast improves i might be there

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks for the PM, Dan! I may be in, if the weather holds. My rear tires are nearly dead, so any sign of the R-word would rule me out.

·
Registered
409 Posts
How far from Atlanta is the Tail?

I would happily do it the Saturday after Thanksgiving :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have no clue if I will have my Elise though, probably not! :mad:

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
How far from Atlanta is the Tail?
It's about 3 1/2 hours from Atlanta. The best route is 400n to 129n.

I'm hoping for good weather as rain will mean a lot of leaves on the ground and that means Im not going either.

Weather.com is still showing a 40% chance of rain. If it is nice count me in.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I haven't decided about going.......have not sold my CLK yet so I could stll bring it, but no way could I keep up with you guys haha My car weighs toooo much. Really the auto tranny kills me more than anything though.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, the forecast does not look promising. As we all know the weather forecasters are often wrong so we will play it by ear. If anyone needs to contact me on Sunday I can be reached at 706-897-2977. Of course if we are at the Dragon's Tail my mobile phone won't be working.

Sunday:
Chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 50s.

68 °F 58 °F
20°C 14°C

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, it's Saturday and the weather report for tomorrow looks terrible. I've decided not to go as I'm sure it's going to be very slippery. The leaves are falling at the tail and rain is just going to make it worse.

Maybe we can reschedule in a few weeks...

Sunday:
Rain early...then remaining cloudy with showers in the afternoon. High 62F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.
Sunday night:
Showers ending in the evening with partial clearing overnight. Low 48F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 30%.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I'll catch you guys next time. I'm kinda depressed anyway, someone hit my lotus yesterday.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah! Good ole' weatherman. I don't think there was any rain today and the chance of it tomorrow is now 30% according to weather.com.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
X...Too many Elises have been hit recently....what happened x 2?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts