The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So had a bit of bad luck this weekend and had the dreaded 4th and 5th gear issue pop up on my 2010. Looks like while not super common, there is enough info on the net to see that it is a design issue. My questions are these.

1. Has anyone tackled an engine out trans replacement on their own or with a few friends?
2. Id so are there any step by step instructions on the process of clam and engine

I have already done a number of mid-size projects so just understanding what i getting myself into. I’ve done axels , master clutch, all four o2 sensors so i know my way around the clams and mechanical workings. The car has also had a full clutch replacement as well

Thoughts, and or advice?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Bumping N.O. Evora's post, which I didn't see before.

NO, I have had the engine out of my 2011. It's not hard, but basically everything from the seats rearward has to come off the car. Follow the shop manual, which I believe can be found online. The only thing I did differently from the factory procedure was to unbolt the AC compressor from the motor before removing the latter -- that way you can avoid having to break the AC gas circuit.

I did the whole thing solo, but putting the rear clamshell on square sure would be a whole lot easier with two handy helpers.

Good luck. Sorry nobody replied earlier; hopefully you didn't let the car distract you from Fat Tuesday.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts