The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am not the only one lol

When I was in the process of buying mine I think I had 5-6 dreams about it showing up/going to go pick it up.

Well last night I had a dream that I was in my driveway standing next to the Lotus when I notice that the Reverie wing is gone. Then I notice that my diffuser is gone, the side splitters are gone, the front clam is gone, and the wheels are gone! lol noticing all of it one piece at a time. I learn that my gf's dad drove it and just left it in the driveway(it is always in the garage). I then wake up (although I am still dreaming) and am relived that the car is ok so I go drive it. I see a piece of junk Cortina driving past me. I try to chase after it, hoping to buy it, but get caught in traffic. An Esprit is following them, in my dream I guess somehow I knew that they were driving together.

What about you guys? Would be interesting to get a compilation of all the dreams people have. Or atleast the ones we remember.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That explains the dream i had last night where I had a bunch of carbon fiber and burnt orange parts in my garage.
Lol now that would be funny.

Crazy that nobody else has any yet. Maybe I actually am the only one :shrug:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I had a few dreams where my lotus got some damage. I freaked the eff out and woke up in a sweat.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I had a few dreams where my lotus got some damage. I freaked the eff out and woke up in a sweat.
Yeah, I had a nightmare where mine got some damage from someone else driving her recklessly. But I have a KG Exige and in the dream "my lotus" was a white Elise... but I knew it was mine. You know, weird dream mojo.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe we can get a group buy for a therapist to come to the next Lakewood meet :D lol

Just remembered I had another one about a month back that I was going to a meet and stopped by another members house to head out from there(nobody that was real). I go in the bathroom and when I came out someone took my passenger door and replaced it with a KG door. The whole dream I kept asking "come on, this is a joke right?!?!" but the guy kept saying he accidently sold it lol I was pissed because I knew itd be hard to match the surrounding paint. In the end he finally told me he didn't sell it and told me where he hid it.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
No Lotus dreams yet.

But I did have a dream several years ago about having junked my 1986 Tercel when in fact it had been running well and I had fully intended to keep it.

In the dream I was horrified that I would have done that.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I had a Lotus dream last week.

I was at Dietsch Werks getting something minor done. My Elise was on the lift and Rob Dietsch said, "There's something I want to show you!"

He point out some strange aluminum square-sectioned tube with some side cut outs forming part of the front suspension.

"See those empty spaces in there?", he asked. "They should have rubber pieces like this in them".

He held up a tapered cylinder of rubber with a rounded end. (At this point is was white, later I think the color had changed to black).

"So it's just a case of putting those pieces back in, right?", I asked.

"Unfortunately not!", he said, "The whole assembly needs to be replaced."

I remember going for a walk around the parking lot before telling him to just do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had a Lotus dream last week.

I was at Dietsch Werks getting something minor done. My Elise was on the lift and Rob Dietsch said, "There's something I want to show you!"

He point out some strange aluminum square-sectioned tube with some side cut outs forming part of the front suspension.

"See those empty spaces in there?", he asked. "They should have rubber pieces like this in them".

He held up a tapered cylinder of rubber with a rounded end. (At this point is was white, later I think the color had changed to black).

"So it's just a case of putting those pieces back in, right?", I asked.

"Unfortunately not!", he said, "The whole assembly needs to be replaced."

I remember going for a walk around the parking lot before telling him to just do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com Free App
Lol funny that DW made it into your dream.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts