The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would your reaction or response of this theoritical situation?

Your are waiting at a red light, and a hopped up Muscle Car (from the '60's, fill in your own make and model and mods) pulls right beside your Lotus. He motions to roll down your window and he says:

"Why don't you drive a MAN'S CAR instead of a SISSY'S CAR?":huh:

What would you do? What did you say?
Remember this never happened (yet). Reminds me of a scene in "The Three Amigo's" flick", instead it was hand guns.rotfl

Well? What would you do or say?:confused:

BTW: a good friend at work always torments me with this, half jokingly. Guess what HE drives? A Miata!

-Hal

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I smiled & waved as I left the supercharged 5.0 Mustang in the dust. rotfl

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
What would your reaction or response of this theoritical situation?

Your are waiting at a red light, and a hopped up Muscle Car (from the '60's, fill in your own make and model and mods) pulls right beside your Lotus. He motions to roll down your window and he says:

"Why don't you drive a MAN'S CAR instead of a SISSY'S CAR?":huh:

What would you do? What did you say?
blow him a kiss. I'm sure they'll love that one. haha!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Me personally, if it were presented in a forceful, "Im better than you" manner, I always go with "I would, but my dick is too big"

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I've always said it was a chick car. :p

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
It's obvious that most of you live in Metropolitan areas. When you live in smaller communities, behaving badly will likely come back to haunt you.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I don't think he'll say that after he sees me manually roll down my windows.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Seriously, I don't waste time on dumb questions like that from another driver. They are just ignorant and it is not my job to teach them or in reality, take the bait.

edited to be clearer

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
"I would have but I decided to spend that money on your mom instead."

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Seriously, I don't waste time on dumb questions like that.
Of course it's a dumb question. But the responses are enjoyable. Enjoyable as the forum members are answering it with a grain of salt.

It's a break from the bolts, nuts and catalytic convertor issues.:p

Hal

·
Registered
254 Posts
I would laugh. The other guy is neither my yard stick for success or manliness. Comfortable in that knowledge, it would be a good clean healthy laugh. "They" don't matter and I move on with my life.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I would say: Give me 5 minutes and I will be back here in my Shelby Mustang!

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Of course it's a dumb question. But the responses are enjoyable. Enjoyable as the forum members are answering it with a grain of salt.

It's a break from the bolts, nuts and catalytic convertor issues.:p

Hal

Hal, I was not referring to your question. I was referring to the theoretical question. Seriously, if someone asked me about my car and referred to it as a sissy car, I would ignore him. He could have just as soon asked why I was driving a domesticated ferret car. It only shows me that the person asking is really ignorant and it is not my job to teach him.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Like OnezerO, I just smile and/or shrug.

It's my daily driver. Ten months out of the year, the top is off. I very rarely get vaguely snide comments. So the few I've heard in four years are very easy to take. If they insist on an answer, my usual response to "Why?" is "I like it." Nobody's ever asked me why I drive a sissy car, though.

I did get one guy, in a fake effiminate voice, shout over from his car "Oooh, you look sooo cute!" while his buddies laughed. I waited a sec and said "What are you-looking for a date?"

Tom

1 - 20 of 112 Posts