The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I keep the Elise (06) at a steady trottle for a little while it feels like the drive by wire lets go of the trottle? It`s like if I let go the pedal, but I didn`t. As soon as I move the pedal a little bit it re-connects right away.

Don`t know if that makes sence to you guys?

Anyone have this happen to them? Whats the fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
My car will start idling at 1500-1800 rpms on occasion like it's at slight throttle... If I turn the car off and pump the pedal to the floor and release it a few times then restart the car it's fine again... It only does it maybe every couple months and I drive my car everyday. I've been thinking of order a new sensor to have on just in case it decides to go tits up. I think it's due to the humidity here and all the rain we get possibly causing some oxidation.

I'm going to guess that your gas pedal sensor is also going bad. You can try (with the car off) putting it threw it's full range of motion a bunch of times by pumping the pedal and maybe it will cure your problem.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Every once in a while I will be driving along and all the sudden it feels like I took the foot off the gas for just a second, which of course startles me to no end cause I wasn't expecting it.
Yeah that is exacly my problem.

I`ll try playing with the trottle with the car off see if it help. It`s been super humid here lately.

And yeah I normaly have the AC on to kill the humidity.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had a similar problem that was correct with this service bulletin:

SERVICE Date: 03.08.06 2006/20
BULLETIN Model: '06 Elise/Exige a.c.
Service Manager Service Reception Supervisor Parts Manager
Lotus Cars Limited, Norwich, Norfolk, NR14 8EZ. England.
CLASS 3
TITLE: Momentary engine power interruption.
REASON: It has been found that on a very small number of '06 model year cars, with an unfavourable tolerance
a.c. control module, it is possible under some circumstances that sparking across the a.c.
compressor relay contacts can cause a voltage spike which results in the engine ECU resetting.
This will be experienced as a momentary interruption of engine power, and is likely to occur only
very occasionally. It is also possible that a throttle related trouble code may be set. e.g. P0638.

Action: If this symptom should be reported, it is recommended to replace the a.c./fan control module
A117M0038F

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So thats the only fix.

How much is that?
How hard is it to replace? (where is it located)
Will the problem keep getting worse?

I`m guessing this is a Lotus part? Not something I could get from Toyota by any chance? (no lotus dealers around)

Thanks

·
Registered
201 Posts
I had it done under warranty, so I do not know how much the part is. It is a Lotus part. To replace I think you just need to remove the left front wheel and wheel well liner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts