The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,

So now I'm back to the original problem, the CAT, EVAP, O2S HTR and O2S are incomplete in the emissions for the ECU.

Anybody know the Lotus / Toyota approved drive cycle to complete the emissions?

I searched and did not find anything in the forums.

Thanks,

·
Registered
403 Posts
most factory ecu's (if not all) have a specific order of self tests the ecu runs on the engine. they involve input parameters from the engines sensors such as o2 sensor throttle position, time, engine load or air flow, and coolant and air temperature. for a check engine light to come on the car must fail the self tests in one or more ways and for a specific given amount of drive cycles. the technicians call this enableing criteria.
for instance an egr system cannot be tested under heavy engine load or at idle. so the enableing criteria would look something like this.....drive the car at 1. not below 15 mph and not above 55mph. 2. drive the car with no more than 45% throttle angle and not less than 15% throttle angle. 3. engine must be at 180 degrees ect. there are other inputs and time limits set on the enableing criteria and also if say the o2 heater and o2 sensor "ready flags" have not been tested and completed the catalyst will never be tested. some tests do not run unless the fuel tank is between 1/3 and 3/4 tank. to answer your question...its very hard to find the factrory descriptions for enableing criteria. some toyotas have the programming in a factory scantool to force the computer to self test outside the required parameters. also the car in some instances must warm up from completely cold start and shut down. its very complicated...catalysts like to be self tested at light load on the freeway. so if you have a problem with 1 specific obd emissions monitor you may find that other monitors will not test until the one at the top of the pecking order goes first....on almost any other car i could provide the enableing criteria but alldata and mitchell dont really have anytning on lotus
good luck

·
Registered
126 Posts
Your OBD reader should tell you which tests are complete and which are pending. When I'm anxious to get a complete read, I keep the OBD in the car and check it regularly (just don't push the clear button).

·
Registered
251 Posts
Has anyone with the "incomplete/not ready" emissions trouble resolved the issue? I've put a couple hundred miles on the car with no resolution. I'm getting to the point where I feel it's never going to pass.

·
Registered
251 Posts
The battery was connected to a battery tender all winter. Right now, Jermaine at VisionFunction has the ecu- hopefully he can get me back on the road. I miss my car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts