The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to be mad but I'm driving my 2010 Exige 240S (Vision function upgrade 280WHP) from Dallas to Santa Cruz. I figure it will be more fun in the Summer in Santa Cruz where I spend a third of my time anyway. Not sure why I am telling you all this but if you see me broke down in West Texas or on I10 in the middle of Arizona stop and give me a bottle of water. :)

·
Sold my Exige S
930 Posts
Have you had SERE training? :)

Nah, several of us have done long road trips void of problems. Drove my Exige 1100mi round trip in 2011 on some 4-year old A048s AND did a track day in between without any fuss, but I wouldn't recommend that if rain is in the forecast!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill take a shotgun with me. I meant to leave it in Santa Cruz when I drove my motorhome back to Texas last week. I realized I did not leave it behind when I got to Sedona! Not sure it will fit in the trunk thou. Not sure I can fit a gun rack. Sawn off would fit I suppose :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have to be mad but I'm driving my 2010 Exige 240S (Vision function upgrade 280WHP) from Dallas to Santa Cruz. I figure it will be more fun in the Summer in Santa Cruz where I spend a third of my time anyway. Not sure why I am telling you all this but if you see me broke down in West Texas or on I10 in the middle of Arizona stop and give me a bottle of water. :)

I've done that drive a few times from San Antonio but as you know there aren't many turns once you hit the 10 lol best of luck, at least your beating the mid-summer heat if you leave right away

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Tire abuser
772 Posts
Motor home one way and Lotus the other? That's awesome! Talk about opposites.... I am jealous, I love a good road trip. Be careful out there, and bring it back to Dallas soon!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Some of my best memories are the long road trips in my cars. Take the more scenic routes and enjoy!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ill take the direct route not so much fun but at least it will not slow on the hills like my motorhome does. Leaving May 6th or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts