The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SUNDAY 03/02/07
12.00PM, MEET AT HRM 11 PUTNAM AVENUE PORT CHESTER
DRIVE INTO BEAUTIFUL CONNECTICUT/UPSTATE NY!
EVERYBODY'S INVITED!

List of participants:
Bavarian Motorist
Eprangia
LongIsland
ScottyB
Yak52pilot
E.D.
MSF111?
Exarkun1178?
Peck555?
TopGun750 maybe later

It's been two weeks since I've driven the Elise, so I need to drive it at least a little while to prevent draining the battery.
It's supposed to be very sunny Sunday (but not warm yet, so keep your top on the car), so I may want to stretch that 'little while' a bit.
So anyone want to go for a scenic drive in the region around NYC?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sure why not. I'm out east but anywhere is fine. I drove it Monday, was barely warm enough. Let me know of a few good roads.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I'm trying to make it up to CT this weekend to install de-cat and exhaust but if the snow messes me up tomorrow i might be around all weekend. definitely let me know what time.

oh, btw, i was up in new haven for a concert on sunday night and got back to the city pretty late, around 12:30 am. i parked my car in the garage no problem, and walked out to 125th to grab a taxi home. this lady yelled at me to "GET MY B*TCH A$$ HOME!!!" I didn't say anything, i just kept my mouth shut and jumped in a taxi.

i will probably try to avoid being up there alone at 1am. otherwise, love the garage.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Is it self parking garage? If so, address please.

As for the drive on Sunday... where exactly?

·
Registered
547 Posts
121 W 126th St btw 6th (lenox) and 7th Ave (Powell)

can't take credit for it though... E.D. told me about it

It is a block away from the 2/3 train which is very convenient for me because i live right near the 72nd st stop. It's only $200 per month. it is self park, 24hr security and lots of people park and cover their cars their, seems pretty quiet without a lot of people in and out.

on the negative side, it is in harlem. i'm sure its fine during the day but late at night people might yell at you to get your b**** a$$ home or some kind of other comment. it was unusual for me to get back to the city that late on a sunday though.

i think enrico has been parking there for 5 months without a problem. i've only been there a couple weeks, but with how cheap it is it made the decision to park in the city easier.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it self parking garage? If so, address please.

As for the drive on Sunday... where exactly?
The garage is OK. Parking there for 5 months without problems.

My knowledge of the region is a bit limited still, I can do a search on the forum, there are probably descriptions of previous drives. Probably go into CT or NY, 1 hour north of NYC, where it becomes it more hilly.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
601 Posts
I'd be interested if it was on LI as we have to go out for a late brunch for my mother's birthday.

Unfortunately most roads on LI are not that great.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd be up for it :)

I fear the snow Saturday and tomorrow night will ruin it, though :( Hopefully it stays light.

I wanna hear your car without the snorkel and arqray, Enrico :D
If snow is bad Saturday, then I won't risk driving around Sunday.:(
I bet you can't hear my car with your new decat/header!
Became it much louder?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Over the summer I took a group of Lotus owners and friends around those roads. It is great indeed. That road lasts about 5 minutes in total though. You really have to go in and around the Bear Mountain area for even longer stretches of these types of roads. Ironically, I will be around, but I won't have my Crossfire :(

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
hi. i know a few of us have a end of year autox dinner that night and will be around. id be up for a drive before hand. let me know.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Mike, it's snowing!!!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
If the roads are clear, I just might make this one. I need a good drive.:shift:

·
Registered
201 Posts
No snow (yet!) on middle Long Island. How is NYC and other areas looking?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I'm leaving for work now,and the roads seem clear,and the snow has melted off the car!!(I'm in White Plains)

1 - 20 of 82 Posts