The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Funny how the "I-95" marker near the NC/ SC state line is almost the exact spot where I was last pulled for speeding by a Florence County cop.

·
Banned
874 Posts
Germany has hwy's with no speeding limit. O yea!:shift:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Germany has hwy's with no speeding limit. O yea!:shift:
You only have free speed on some parts of autoban, other parts are speed limited, some parts are only free speed at nights.

If you are going to drive in germany i recomend the east, there is less traffic and better roads, (more free speed)
rotfl

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
I got to drive on the autobahn in Bavaria. I had a VW Golf rental car... top speed 135 kph :( I didn't spend much time in the left lane.

Since it's illegal to pass on the right in Germany, even on multi-lane roads, when a fast car comes up on a slower car in the left lane, they honk and flash their lights... a lot... to get the slower car to move out of the way :shift:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Seems like a good way to find the latest and greatest speed traps. I was about to add an entry, then reconsidered.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I got to drive on the autobahn in Bavaria. I had a VW Golf rental car... top speed 135 kph :( I didn't spend much time in the left lane.

Since it's illegal to pass on the right in Germany, even on multi-lane roads, when a fast car comes up on a slower car in the left lane, they honk and flash their lights... a lot... to get the slower car to move out of the way :shift:

every time ive been there ive hit at least 180kph even in the crappiest most underpowerd of cars.

last time i had a Peugot with all of 66kw and still cracked 200

·
Registered
891 Posts
Attiki odos on 5th place of the world

:panic::panic:

i believe there are more roads for high speeds especially in Italy
called "Autostradas"

·
Registered
2,187 Posts

That's the way it is. About 50% of the Autobahn have a speed limit in a range from 90 to 130 kph. It is annoying that this will often happen to you in the left lane even when you are cruising 10 or 20 kph faster than the limit would say.

Another point: when I have to cover some distance I always pick the Diesel instead of the Elise - she is just too loud at high speeds.

·
Registered
891 Posts
speed limits Europewide is the same on Highways ...

MAX speed is 130km/h (81 miles / hour)

The matter is that at some places/highways (in Italy , In Germany & in Greece) law and police are not so flexible to check speed limits and cars violate oftenly speed limits ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here in Sweden its 110km/h at freeway; some parts are now 120 km/h.
The police here are standing everywhere whit lasers and clocking.
So if you drive 20 - 30km/h (depends on speed limit) to fast you lose your driving licens and get around 700usd or more in tickets.:mad:

In Denmark Norway and Finland they give you allot more in fine.

The autobahn has speed limits between 90-130km/h but on some parts
Its free speed limit and you can drive as fast as you want; the funny part is that some of the roads are only two tracks so you need to be really careful,

·
Registered
564 Posts
Attiki odos on 5th place of the world

:panic::panic:

i believe there are more roads for high speeds especially in Italy
called "Autostradas"
Blacktan did you put Attiki odos on the list-cause it shouldnt be.the new highways in northern greece -egnatia etc-are far more fast.
i just drove in italy recently-definitely beats greek roads

·
Registered
891 Posts
Blacktan did you put Attiki odos on the list-cause it shouldnt be.the new highways in northern greece -egnatia etc-are far more fast.
i just drove in italy recently-definitely beats greek roads

Nope mate . i did not .

NO , EGNATIA ROAD at the moment is under construction so i cant say that is faster road than ATTIKI ODOS .

When EGNATIA will be ready for sure some sections will be faster than any other European road .

By the way,
take a look to this video

5 ferraris chased by an undercover police car at GERMAN autobahn

njoy

YouTube - Police VS 5 ferrari

·
Registered
891 Posts
Really? Isn't it 120 km/h in Greece, 90 (sometimes 100) in Norway, 110 in Sweden, 120 in Switzerland, 112 in the UK ...? ;)
New European TOP SPEED limits are 130km/hour ...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
That's the way it is. About 50% of the Autobahn have a speed limit in a range from 90 to 130 kph. It is annoying that this will often happen to you in the left lane even when you are cruising 10 or 20 kph faster than the limit would say.

Another point: when I have to cover some distance I always pick the Diesel instead of the Elise - she is just too loud at high speeds.

Why is it annoying? Dont "Cruise" in the left lane. Do your passing and get back in the right. If there are many cars to pass but one comes up behind you faster get over when you can to let HIM pass YOU and continue your passing behind him.

Its not that hard. I get tired of people feeling that they get to dictate my speed because they think they are going "Fast enough"

Mind your own business.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nope mate . i did not .

NO , EGNATIA ROAD at the moment is under construction so i cant say that is faster road than ATTIKI ODOS .

When EGNATIA will be ready for sure some sections will be faster than any other European road .

By the way,
take a look to this video

5 ferraris chased by an undercover police car at GERMAN autobahn

njoy

YouTube - Police VS 5 ferrari
nothing german about this, it's near Maastricht (Valkenburg) in the Netherlands, llocal speedlimit is 100 and 120 kmh (60 and 75 mph) ...

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Why is it annoying? Dont "Cruise" in the left lane. Do your passing and get back in the right. If there are many cars to pass but one comes up behind you faster get over when you can to let HIM pass YOU and continue your passing behind him.

Its not that hard. I get tired of people feeling that they get to dictate my speed because they think they are going "Fast enough"

Mind your own business.
You might want to consider that more than 50% of our Autobahn tracks have 2 lanes only. So when there is a speed limit of - say - 120 kph, a lot of traffic is moving on the right lane at speeds lower than the limit (e.g. trucks at 80 kph). Your option is to either stay behind them or drive on the left lane, and if you go (or "cruise") on the left at 140 it is very uncomfortable to be urged to speed up.

It is not that I want to dictate others; it is that I do not want to be dictated by people who do not care about anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You might want to consider that more than 50% of our Autobahn tracks have 2 lanes only. So when there is a speed limit of - say - 120 kph, a lot of traffic is moving on the right lane at speeds lower than the limit (e.g. trucks at 80 kph). Your option is to either stay behind them or drive on the left lane, and if you go (or "cruise") on the left at 140 it is very uncomfortable to be urged to speed up.

It is not that I want to dictate others; it is that I do not want to be dictated by people who do not care about anything.
Like this ?
passing on the "autobahn" a truck (doing 80 kph) with 281 kmh ? (nop, it's not fast enough on the autobahn, lots of others will try to pass you anyway ...)
YouTube - S2000 at max speed

1 - 20 of 25 Posts