The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my driver seat is having a problem with the adjusting bracket underneath it. it will not catch when i move it up at all. its ok for me because i sit with the seat all the way back because im tall. but my gf cant drive my car anymore because it wont adjust up. or atleast it wont stay there...

it still clicks as if its touching the groove notches, but its just not staying. anyone know what you need to adjust or tighten or whatever to get this problem fixed...??

·
Registered
856 Posts
Has the seat ever been removed from the car? I have seen this happen when the seat gets bolted into the wrong holes in the floor causing the mechanism to be angled and not lock into both tracks.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Then something is bent or otherwise preventing both sides of the mechanism from latching. Each side of the seat has a row of notches that the mechanism will lock into. If only one side catches the seat will still slide.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
This happened to me once about a month after I had a non pro swap seats. I had the dealer correct it. You're lucky you can drive it. I had to flatbed my car 11 blocks for $150! Definitely get it fixed as a safety ASAP if you do let others drive your car.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Bent seat rails will also cause that problem and they occur more than one would expect. I had mine replaced early on under warranty. (They were bent when originally installed, not as the result of anything done after installation.)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im just wondering if theres like a way i can pull the seat out and bend back the notches or what not...

will i be able to see the problem if i pull the seat??

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
It could be as simple as coins falling out of your pocket and getting stuck in the mechanism (this has happened to others). Try using a mechanic's mirror (small mirror on a telecscoping rod) to look under the seat and see if you can see any obstruction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts