The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Driver side window stuck up

885 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  agentdr8 
#1 ·
I read the Evora Door Panel removal DIY (Very useful) as the car was left in the rain. The door got wet inside and was stuck in the down position. I let it sit and after 4 days it dried out (very humid). I put the door panel back on but now it is stuck in the up position. It went to the top. What should i look to trouble shoot this? Thanks

2013 Evora S

#5 ·
#7 ·
I have a link for you. Did great work. Better than OE!

Attachments

Reactions: wezelboy
#8 ·
Over the weekend, with help from wife's long fingers, we got a new regulator on the car.🤞. I took it out to reset the ECU since I had the battery disconnected for 3 days. I got home and found out that the inside door handle doesn't work. Bummer. I was able to get out of the car by lowering the window, grabbed the outside door pull and that worked. Turns out I have things to do. Any help would be appreciated.

I know I have to pull the door panel off' getting better at this.

1. Inside door pull doesn't work. I assume it has something with the cable. Then again......
2. The rubber, that runs the length of the window to keep water out, is bowing out front to back. Is there an adjustment for that?
3. Since I have the taken the door panel of enough where I needs new of those pop-up holds at the bottom of the door. The part number here. I can get them Auto Europe but was wondering if this was some general part.

#9 ·
The inside door pull has a cable that goes through a grommet in the plastic cover and into the door latch mechanism. Since you have a MY13, you should have Inteva latches, which don't have the lock knobs. With the door open, use a screwdriver or something to manually close the latch pawl, and then test the inside door pull. If it doesn't release the pawl, try using the CDL button to lock/unlock and repeat. If that doesn't work, you can extract the latch and disassemble it and see if there's anything loose or broken inside. It might just need some lubrication, or the latch itself could be bad.

For the window skirt, there isn't any adjustment that can be made. You can replace it with a new one, but usually it will take whatever form the door itself has along that opening, so if the fiberglass itself is bowed, a new one will end up looking similar over time.

The fixtures along the bottom of the door card seem to be specific to these cars. There's 2 parts per; A132W6084F and A132W6085F. They're relatively cheap at least (about $1.25/ea part).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.