The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I had to remove the driver's seat (LHD) and upon re-installation I noticed there are two holes in the right, rear corner. Unfortunately I didn't notice this when I removed the seat!

I found the picture below in a thread that shows it perfectly.

When I mounted the seat rail bolts, in front, there is only one location. The seat rail in the back lines up with the slight raised portion that is visible in the picture. Common sense tells me that it should actually mount in the other hole since it is on the same level surface. So, my question is what hole is the proper one to use or does it not matter? Thank you in advance.

Brian

Attachments

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
That is the rear support bracket for the center console/shifter, you want the bolt to go through the hole with the bracket. The seat mount bolt should go through the seat rail, then the rear center console mount bracket into the chassis. I believe that the two sets of holes in the chassis are to provide a wider seating position for the driver, regardless of which side the steering wheel is mounted. On a LHD model, the center console is offset to the right, on a RHD model the other hole is used.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jetblast,

Thank you very much! That's how I bolted it up and I just wanted to be positive I did it properly.

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts