The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes ladies and gentlemen, my very first lotus issue. Anyone had a similar problem with manual windows?

Of course this happened on the only day I have ever driven the car in the rain :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
MW,

Did you check the attachment of the crank to the rod? It seemed at a qucik glance in the dark and wet, to not be connected correctly.

P.S. Driving home was a mix. A lot of it was dry. Some of it was wet. Some of it was scary wet and I was CRAWLING..like 30mph. And the back end still kept stepping out and I would have to catch it.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
DAMN Randy! I'm glad you got home OK... but Russ and I were seriously thinking of following you home...

Bob

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
rtking said:
DAMN Randy! I'm glad you got home OK... but Russ and I were seriously thinking of following you home...

Bob
In retrospect, it was a bad idea I think. It really only seemed like a bad idea when I got near San Diego... and about 5 miles from home, it seemed like the dumbest idea in the world. I did as many back roads as I could for the last 5 miles.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Glad you made it back ok:)

It seemed to stop raining as soon as I got on the freeway and it was dry all the way back to HB.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Any updates MW? Any fixes?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Randy,

Really sorry to hear about your crazy drive back. The drive my dad and I took back to LA was dry, so I assumed you were ok (never assume anything, right?).

As promised, I drove the baby to visit my great aunt and uncle in Pac Palisades, then from there drove to another family Xmas gathering in Sylmar. At all times while in the car it was raining. Fortunately for me, the tape held up wonderfully. Great idea guys :clap: Thanks Patricko for the towel and abundance of tape. But trying to explain to the family why there was painters tape on a brand new car was a little humorous. "Lillie, you paid what for a car that has problems within a month?"

I didnt get home into a dry garage until near midnight last night, so I havent had a chance to take the door apart yet. I'll use stan's post as a guide and hopefully will have it sorted without having to take her to a dealership.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
Thanks Patricko for the towel and abundance of tape. But trying to explain to the family why there was painters tape on a brand new car was a little humorous. "Lillie, you paid what for a car that has problems within a month?"

Happy to help but I think that it was Bob (rtking) that did the "repair" so he deservers a big part of the credit.

Just tell them that is part of the charm:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts