The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
My C4S is 6.25".

The GT3 I've been eying is at 5 1/4", and everyone complains about GT3s hitting everywhere around town.

But the nose on the pcars is longer (distance from tire contact patch to front lip, I'll measure tonight), so the Elise should have a much better aproach angle, so hopefully it won't be a problem for me.

I don't know whether I agree with you on the approach angle. On my Pcar, the lowest points are the outer sides portions of the lip spoiler, below the headlights. My driveway, taken at an angle, I get minimum clearance of 1.5". Taken head on, I get only 0.5" clearance. Should be the same with the Elise. . . take driveways, onramps at angles to the extent you can.

Think it over, the better the angle, the effect is collapsing the distance b/t the wind splitters and the tire contact patch.
--------

Randy, no track writeup yet?

·
Registered
228 Posts
cool. can't wait to hear. i lost out on the recent delivery, as the original deposit holder 'backed-in' at the last minute. LOL..

Just measured my 911. 37" from contact patch of the front tires to lip spoiler, about 7" clearance (not the 6.25). Approach angle of 10.71. Worse than the Elise. I have not had issues as long as I angle things and take garage/driveway exits/entrances slowly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts