• whatever is available. I don't care.

Votes: 20 36.4%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the weather warming up, I wanted to see how people felt about this issue.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't understand what you're asking.
Let's say it's a cold day, and the roads are dry. Do you take the car out in those conditions, or would you rather wait until a warmer day, even if the roads were wet on that warmer day?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Any Starlight Black owner will tell you that dry is better than wet. Ever tried to keep that color clean?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Dry for traction and cold for HP, love that combo!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Below 40*F I have trouble getting enough heat into my.... ahem DOT approved tires ;) That doesn't stop me from trying though.

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Dry for traction and cold for HP, love that combo!
+1

I'd add... dry for street, wet for track. Nothing will teach you how to catch a car like driving it on a wet track - few experiences can simultaneously be so rewarding and so humbling.
:shift:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Below 40*F I have trouble getting enough heat into my.... ahem DOT approved tires ;) That doesn't stop me from trying though.
Yeah I suppose it depends on your def of cold.

I'm in SC, so my def is very different from a WI driver!

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I've driven Laguna Seca a few time in late Dec. Track temps to start the day were in the mid 30's and some sections (like the corkscrew) don't get direct sunlight all day long. Yeah you don't the tires up to temp and the grip isn't as good. But still lots of fun.

Drove a track once in the wet (morning only) agree it's something we should all get the hang of. But in the end with the lack grip it wasn't all that fun. Suppose it didn't' help that it was a track with tons of wall close by to hit (Sears Point).

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
For me, "cold" means "cooooolllllldddd." Like 15 degrees, dry air and rock hard tires. I'd take wet roads/warm day over that any day.

Tom

1 - 15 of 15 Posts