The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I am moving in the end of March I decided to get Elsie from Cleveland OH to Duluth MN this weekend.

No snow in the forecast so far!

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
why not wait until closer to moving time so the weather clears?

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Wow! And I,m worried about driving the Elise that I'm having shipped to Wisconsin next week. I may have to last 5 miles from the delivery point to my house in the rural outback. We have had at least a foot of snow on the ground here since early December.

Good luck!

·
Registered
552 Posts
What's your planned route? Lotsa neat old towns along the way thru Wisconsin and the U.P.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Puter is showing snow on Thursday and Friday. I would caution you about all of the salt/sand on the roads. Even though my daily driver gets a weekly bath, it looks like it's taken a salt bath.

I would highly suggest that you ship the car. If you need info for a reputable transporter (one I used), just PM me.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Plan is to leave Hudson (OH) Saturday morning. Arrive at a friends house in Chicago, wash the car and store it in his warm garage. Then drink lots of scotch Saturday evening, wake up Sunday and proceed to Duluth. Time for another car wash, and I am renting a garage that stays around 60 degrees.

Salt is my only concern at this time.

Back up plan is to leave it in OH and pick it up later :shrug:

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Chicago weather looks like a few flurries Saturday night, temps between 16-30.....all sun on Sunday.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Good luck, we are getting rain changing to snow Thurs night into Friday am, otherwise dry here for the weekend. Buy a set of tire chains just in case (the low profile kind), cheap insurance. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If the forecast is correct I should be okay. I will arrive in the West suburbs around 4, get Elsie in a warm garage, and then pull out again around 9 am Sunday.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
come on by Fox Valley Motorcars on Saturday for our after auto show open house. lots of cool cars to look at, and plenty of enthusiasts on hand to chat with. i will be there for a bit, not quite sure when.

Enjoy the drive, and good luck

T.J.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
West burbs.....you'll be right by Fox Valley!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I might do a quick stop there on the way to Palatine / Barrington. Maybe that is NW burbs?

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
Yes, NW...I'm in Palatine.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my bad;)

NW burbs it is. I still might stop at the dealership if no snow at the time.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
You have a PM.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
i live right by Barington too. i am in Crystal lake. mabey we can get a group of Lotus/car people together to meet for drinks somewhere, if you would like, on Saturday night. Woolstreet in Barrington or Cary are both cool places

T.J.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Tracy, wow you are fast!

(You have a PM as well)

Mats

1 - 20 of 28 Posts