The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
From the article: :huh:

Getting out when the top's removed involves grabbing the top of the windshield and hoisting yourself up, then stepping onto or over the wide door sill.
:crazyeyes -eek- NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :crazyeyes -eek-

No *NOT* 'hoist yourself up' on the windscreen surround in the Elise!!! :no:

Very, very, very bad advice!! What idiot is writing this??

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
The writer is more of a mainstream journalist, he's not an enthusiast. As I think we've all learned, main stream types just do not get this car, they're the guys who complain about the lack of cupholders, tilt steering, 39 different adjustments to your seat, etc.

Chris

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Phony "backbone." What looks like a structural metal spine bisecting the interior, front-to-back, is cosmetic, to enhance the race-car look and feel.
Seriously? I can't imagine Lotus would have installed something as significant as the spine if it didn't do SOMETHING for performance or reliability. Could it really be Dead Weight?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think he's talking about the shifter housing/console. I'm not crazy about the fact that its plastic, or that it moves around when you shift. Have yet to actually see/feel one in person though, so I'll reserve judgment.

Steve

·
Registered
228 Posts
It's not dead weight. It covers things like the handbrake cable, shifter cable, wiring, etc. Also, it prevents the passengers feet from getting in the way of the pedals.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
"Elise is for the driver who has access to racetracks now and then, or is nimble of body, youthful of spirit and mindless of inconvenience. Putting up with Elise's edgy, demanding persona is a way to declare that you're still a rough and ready road rogue.

He obviously wasn't describing himself... :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Arno reading the advice

Arno said:
From the article: :huh:

:crazyeyes -eek- NO NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :crazyeyes -eek-

No *NOT* 'hoist yourself up' on the windscreen surround in the Elise!!! :no:
"Getting out when the top's removed involves grabbing the top of the windshield and hoisting yourself up, then stepping onto or over the wide door sill."

Arno reading that advice...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Sounded like a pretty fair article coming from the casual observer. Let's hook him up with Anita.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I don't really see anything wrong with his article. The Elise is difficult to get in and out of. It's fit & finish won't compare to an Audi or BWM.

This guys is just telling the general public the is Elise is a spartan, narrow focused sports cars. If that's what you're looking for, then the Elise is the car for you.

My impressions is that most people (even sport car people) want a car that does everything well rather than a car that does one thing exceptionally well.

Better people are informed so they can decide if the Elise is the car for them.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
We have to remember that opinions are like a-holes and everyone's got one. There are people who collect and love AMC Pacers. :huh: (I don't know either!)

What matters to us is the fact that we love this car. :D It looks great, handles great, sounds great, etc. If he can't handle some of the nuances of this car then too bad for him. He can play the part of "just another soccer dad" while I draw all the attention in my hot little sports car!:clap:

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
It is what it is.. I'll take one and put up with ALL of the inconveniences and add a few of my own. (radio & A/C delete) Thank you very much. End of discussion....
I love this sort of test because it only further polarizes the fence riders. This is a hardcore car designed for hardcore drivers. I'm sure that Lotus will not have ANY difficulty finding 2200 hardcore drivers that will purchase one of these gems per year in the USA.
My track buddy(55ish) is currently barfing up his lunch every day because he is out of the loop and didn't have the insight to place a deposit before the lists grew LONG.....He said to me last week "I don't expect you to let me drive it but can I please get a ride in it?" I'll be sure to let him drive it though since I'm such an a**hole and want to see him puke his guts out when he feels the steering, the effortless ability in the slalom, the unmatched lightweight feel, etc, etc..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts