The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So odd as it may be:
I drove to st Pete From Tampa around 10 last night (30 miles). its the first time I've driven in the rain and I'm weird about getting my car dirty so drive bare foot.

From Tampa, once I got to the bay bridge I noticed the floor mat was slightly damp on my bare feet. I thought maybe water had dripped off my sandals and thought little of it. By the time I got to st Pete it was considerably wetter and by the time I got back home in tampa the floor may was soaked. I pulled it out and water poured out of it. It's hanging on my clothes line and still dripping 8 hrs later.
It was raining last night but not pouring.
My door was not wet nor was my seat. The throttle and clutch were both dry and seemingly the water came from the floor up.

So, riddle me that.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also it's a 2011 evora w 1100 miles. 3 weeks old.

So far the passenger side door handle has broken off completely and door locks had to be fixed.

Also I've never been happier w a car.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I wonder if water is somehow getting in from the left front wheel well. Like something didn't get sealed there.

...and it seems certain that should be a warrantied issue.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's def warrentied but I would like to help trouble shoot before I drop it off

·
Registered
368 Posts
May just be coincidental with the ran. My floor mats were wet on both sides when we had a dry spell a few weeks back. My dealer fixed it under warranty as it was clogged ac drains causing the water to back up into the vehicle. This might be the same case for you, as well.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The sealant was omitted around the steering column of some earlier Evoras. Maybe the same error was made when yours was assembled?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They fixed it, I believe it was called the duck bill campaign. Drive in the rain a bit today w out any moisture. Thumbs up.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
May just be coincidental with the ran. My floor mats were wet on both sides when we had a dry spell a few weeks back. My dealer fixed it under warranty as it was clogged ac drains causing the water to back up into the vehicle. This might be the same case for you, as well.
There is a TSB on this problem. Fix involves removal of a valve in the AC drains.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe The "duck bill" is not an ac drain but a sealant that was omitted in the past. Just in case anyone else has this issue. Mine is a 2011 evora. Only effected the drivers side and had 1/4 of standing water opposed to mere moisture.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Redletter1, thanks for the info. I too have a 2011 that I drove in the rain for the first time. Only my drivers side was VERY wet. Passenger side is fine. The dealership checked out the AC lines and they checked out ok. Guess I have the same issue that you had. Other than the "duck bill" is there any other info you can give me to tell my local dealership? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Redletter1, I had this exact issue with my 2010 (driver side only). It's unfortunate they didn't address the issue in your 2011. After some tests with a water hose, it came down to the door seal.

good luck

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
My build date for my '11 is October of 2010.
That is odd, my 2+0 was buolt larte June 2010. one of he first 2011"s, I don't have any water intrusion issues. I thought they updated the door seals for the 2011's. Maybe they can adjust the door or rool down window against the seal.
Ron:shrug:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had my 2010 Evora power washed a couple days ago. I noticed today that both the driver's side and passenger's side floor mats were soaking wet days later.

Maddening!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts