The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i searched on wind and didnt find what i am looking for so i am posting this question.

the wind is starting to blow here, and we have high wind warnings out through tonight. since the Lotus Elise is a somewhat lightweight vehicle at only around 2,000 pounds, i am just wondering if it gets blown all over the road on days when it is windy?

thoughts?

Mike

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Sometimes going across bridges on a windy day, the car is a little more of a handfull, but its no big deal.

Hell the bump steer is scarier than the wind rotfl

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
No. Its low profile makes it fairly stable. Its high drag coefficient noticeably slows you down when driving into a headwind. It's not a camper shell or an suv, that's for sure.

Tom

·
Registered
287 Posts
If you roll the windows down, you shouldn't have much problem. I drove in 35ish MPH winds and was getting blown around pretty significantly, but after rolling the windows down it was very minimal.

·
Registered
82 Posts
No, it does not. You are correct that it's weight is very low, but its side surface area is low as well. IF the wind starts picking up, the SUV next to you on the highway will get pushed around more than the Lotus.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
No but the high wind will cause stress when trying to pour your bubbly while standing next to the car hitting on all the ladies. rotfl

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
You just need to start over.

Your screen name is terrible.

And on top of that you've had 2-3 Epic fail threads.

Just start a new screen name and turn a new page:)

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
lol....

OP, like i said before, think about all your questions and put it in ONE thread.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I drive my Elise in wind storms known as Dust Devils out here in Arizona and have not been as badly tossed around as my Miata.

Have you driven a Lotus yet ******? If not, I highly suggest doing so, as you will learn a lot about yourself and the car and how it will work for you in a very short period of time.

Also, I drive through these Dust Devils with my jimmy out the window to pick up chicks, and it works then too. Although I don't experience any drag issues from the additional appendage strafing through the air.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
If I pass wind and the windows are not rolled down, then it can sometimes smell really bad.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Sometimes going across bridges on a windy day, the car is a little more of a handfull, but its no big deal.

Hell the bump steer is scarier than the wind rotfl
Yeah hitting bumps on freeways, or little grooves that guide your car, moves you around a lot more than wind

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
haha^

Ive noticed the same thing.

Passing wind in the Lotus you get >>>INSTA SMELL>

Unlike in other cars it might take a moment and then bam. In the lotus, its noise and milliseconds after Smell.

Doesnt even give you time to crack the window.

Hope that answers your questions ******.

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
******, you really should go drive the car. I am not trying to be a jerk, but asking questions here for me was POINTLESS because nothing could have prepared me for what the test drive did.

Am I delusional here, or does anyone else think that the test drive made an immediate connection between you and the car? My friend drove one and never wanted to drive it again... could be that way for you too ******.

Wait until you see how many chicks you can pick up in it, and how wind resistant it is in person. Then when you get back, fire away with all the questions you can handle. I wrote this right after driving an Elise... http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f221/newb-perspective-elise-66206/

1 - 14 of 14 Posts