The Lotus Cars Community banner

Will you get driving lights?

• I like the driving lights, I'm getting them.

Votes: 33 37.5%
  • I think I'll pass on the driving lights, they make the front look too busy.

Votes: 55 62.5%
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving lights are a dealer installed option. I think they look OK but I think the car looks a little less cluttered without them. The front looks less busy and I like that. What do you think? Driving lights yes or no?

·
Registered
971 Posts
I won't be getting them because it never gets dark during the time of year I'll be driving. Although I will always have the headlights on to help others see me.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
i like the light and as i recall there were early comments on the dimness of the lotus headlights.

and where is salcha by the way?

·
Registered
963 Posts
I can go either way on them, but would rather have the Sport 2 exhaust, then the 3M protection, then the lights.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I'll go without them in the beginning. I have yet to actually SEE an Elise and want to enjoy it for what it is first. Being DIO I can always have them slap on a set during a well baby visit.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Driving Lights

Does anyone know if this is an option that you MUST do at the dealer? Will it be possible to install them later?
- dechien

·
Registered
970 Posts
I wont need them cause I plan on upgrading the low beam lights to HID's and with HID's, driving lights are useless.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Re: Driving Lights

dechien said:
Does anyone know if this is an option that you MUST do at the dealer? Will it be possible to install them later?
- dechien
:confused:

that's what dealer-installed means.

The dealer can install them at any time

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Re: Re: Driving Lights

atyclb said:
:confused:

that's what dealer-installed means.

The dealer can install them at any time
I doubt that this has to be dealer installed. I'm sure you could get the lights from the parts department and install them yourself.

·
Registered
751 Posts
No driving lights for me. I will get the halogen HID's though. Does anyone know which company lotus is getting the bulbs from?

-Whit

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
zcar222 said:
No driving lights for me. I will get the halogen HID's though. Does anyone know which company lotus is getting the bulbs from?
Lotus (Dealers) is not installing HIDs. Just expensive, brighter bulbs. Not the same thing.

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
970 Posts
HID bulbs are crap!...they put out less lumens and darken the road...esp the blue coated ones, they are the worst...I have Philips silverstars on my daily driver beater and they are crap too...they look yellow and are not very bright...once you have true HID's, cant go back...They sell nice 6000K true Philips ultinon systems on ebay for 460.00...this is what I will get...anyone know which type of bulbs(ie--9006, 9007, H1, H7 etc..) the low beams take on Elise????

1 - 20 of 70 Posts