The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...converse all-stars are the best...

...narrow, nice fit to the elise pedals; thin, flexible sole with good feel, easy heel-toe; versatile for walking and clambering about; classic enough to wear to the opera - even the doctor wears a pair...

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
I have a nice pair of driving shoes.....that I never wear. I have an old worn out Reebok ( Right side ) sneeker that I wear when I drive ......works great.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've got a couple but I wear the F1 shoes from miu miu. They're awesome. They have like a slick rubber sole on a metal plate, pretty unique (But never ever walk with them).
I generally wear loafers so those work out too.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
+1 for the Puma Drift Cats. The Speed Cats are good too.
Inexpensive and fit good. Buy 1 size up for they run small.

Kevin

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
+1 on the Pumas. I have Replicat IIs. They cost me like $40, they have a nice thin, narrow sole, and work great.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got a couple but I wear the F1 shoes from miu miu. They're awesome. They have like a slick rubber sole on a metal plate, pretty unique (But never ever walk with them)
...if you get a little lightweight trailer, you can tow them behind your lotus to put on at the track...
Converse Jack Purcell's are way better than All-Stars for driving. Jack's are probably the non-driving shoes for driving.
...howso?..i've never worn a pair of jack purcells myself, but i've played with them in the store and they strike me as considerably wider and heavier-soled, both...do you find a stiffer sole preferable to something flexible with a more delicate feel?..

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
A lotta love here for the Speed Cats. I used to wear them almost exclusively, and still have about six pairs, but nothing IMO comes close to the comfort and build quality of Piloti's. I'm surprised nobody has mentioned them yet. They're stiffer and therefore take a bit of getting used to, but are much more comfortable than the Cats, have a rubber piece on the top right of the right shoe for h/t. I haven't worn my cats since.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
These are mine...super comfortable...but also super expensive (and probably overkill for me :D).
Puma Future Cat Mid Pro P.

The Future Cat Mid Pro P is the epitome of minimalism and functionality of footwear for the race professional. Asymetric lacing increases blood circulation, decreases lactic acid build-up/muscle fatigue, and improves heat dissipation within the drivers foot. Anatomical shaped foot plate, EVA wedge at the midsole, and split heel technology maximizes foot support, sensitivity, and agility in drivers footwork. Unique three panel, internal seam, pre-formed pig skin suede construction with high toe box results in the ultimate durablity, fitment, comfort, as well as 25% lighter than conventional designs. Lace-up, mid-length closure at the shank with an enlarged cut-out in the achilles area ensures freedom of movement front to rear at the ankle without sacrificing the necessary ankle protection from side-to-side. FIA approved (8856-2000). Available in red/white, black/silver/grey, and blue/white. Sizes: 39 - 47.
For everday driving, I wear the Sketchers in the second pic. Also super comfortable, and can wear them without worrying about changing shoes.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
speed cats are one of the better drivng shoes, but for all arounders while driving the elise...i do like chuck taylors!!!

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
These are mine...super comfortable...but also super expensive (and probably overkill for me :D). Puma Future Cat Mid Pro P
...i think the stig's african cousin wore a pair of those...

·
Registered
205 Posts
+1 for the Puma Drift Cats. The Speed Cats are good too.
Inexpensive and fit good. Buy 1 size up for they run small.

Kevin
Speed cats or drift cats...

Please could someone confirm to buy one size larger than normal? :shrug:
I usually wear New Balance shoes, so....

Last pair of shoes I tried to buy mailorder in my size (sketchers), I had to give up...not even close. :sad:

Thanks!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Piloti

I agree about the Piloti Prototipos. They are the most comfortable I've come across. I have a pair of black and orange to match my Lotus. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
I've tried the Speedcats, but I prefer the Adidas Adi Racer Low. I've got one pair in Aspen White and one in Phantom Black :D
I prefer those over the Pumas for actual driving, but the Pumas are more comfortable to walk around in -- to me, anyway.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts