The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been noticing that as our customers are arriving to take delivery of their Elise, many of them are wearing stylish new driving shoes. So far I've seen a few different pairs of Pumas, Cole Haans, and a few others. I finally bought a pair of driving shoes - but I needed a more functional & semi dress pair. I found a pair called "GEOX" at Nordstrom, and I must say that they're the most comfortable pair of shoes I have - much softer than Ferragamo.

I have no affiliation with GEOX - this is just a proclamation of satisfaction. Some of you may want to check out their site www.GEOX.com or take a look at www.Nordstrom.com - if you're considering buying some driving shoes to negotiate your feet between the closely-placed pedals of the Elise.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
That's a good suggestion Ryan if you want to wear business casual clothing. My red Pumas would look downright silly otherwise. Whether or not you want to wear business casual clothing while driving an Elise is another story.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
DON'T LAUGH AT ME!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Mine- Piloti Rallyes..also available at Nordstroms.
I have the same shoes, and am moderately happy with them... I just wish the sole was a little bit thinner, especially in the heel area. But all in all, I'd buy them again. They make a pretty good compromise between normal tennis shoes and something like simpson driving shoes.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
After buying some Puma Speedcats I realized they are not appropriate for all situations. That's when I went on a quest for the prefect casual driving or dress driving shoe. I found a company called Valleverde . They have a wide selection of driving shoes and are reasonably priced.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
I wound up filing the upper RHS of side of the dead pedal! It turns out that one of my left shoes developed a tear near it's LHS near my small toe. That particular shoe has a thin nylon top hence it's not very rugged. When I looked into it, I observed that at times that side of my shoe would rub the upper RHS of the dead pedal along a sharp edge when I actuated the clutch. Basically this happened when I didn't have a proper foot position on the clutch pedal. If you reach down to the dead pedal with your hand you'll note that some of the edges are pretty sharp. They are easy to file to a round edge in a few moments. Maybe this won't be an issue for you, but it's a good idea to keep it in mind if you'll be driving the car with nicer footware on your feet, especially fragile ones.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Stan said:
If you reach down to the dead pedal with your hand you'll note that some of the edges are pretty sharp.
I noticed this when driving bare foot.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
I didn't really like my Piloti's because they were quite wide for a driving shoe. They were built well though. I have both Stand 21 and BMP racing shoes which are both great but not suited to everyday use. I currently have a great pair of Fila driving shoes that I use for day-to-day wear, but when my Ardent Red Elise comes in this spring I think I'm going to buy a pair of Oakley's new driving shoes to match:

http://www.oakley.com/catalog/colors/mens/footwear/industrial/thirteen_twenty/black_red

·
Registered
591 Posts
Keep in mind that the Oakley 1320 (pictured above) is not a racing shoe per se. It is a racing style shoe like the Puma Speedcats and priced as such ~$90. There is no problem with that I have two pairs of Speedcats. The Oakley mid-height and full height racing shoes are flame retardent and approved by some sanctioning body($225-250). They are made with "Carbon-X" which gives them fire protection. They have a very hard sole. They are not for walking the mall.

Greg

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I love my Geox,and I wore them on my test drive...very satisfactory :cool:

·
Registered
169 Posts
I bought a pair of Bunker F1's...they're specifically made for driving/racing. Check out www.warm-upf1.com or www.bunker.es if you're interested. Very thin soles and quite comfortable.

·
Registered
640 Posts
My kids wear Geox' and they love 'em. My wife likes them because they're waterproof and allow the kids feet to breath. Maybe I should get some too.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Since I have no way of trying on Piloti shoes and have to order online...Do they run narrow or normal? Do I need to order a size larger? What has been your experience? How about the same question with the shoes discussed above?
Cheers,

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
babak said:
Since I have no way of trying on Piloti shoes and have to order online...Do they run narrow or normal? Do I need to order a size larger? What has been your experience? How about the same question with the shoes discussed above?
Cheers,
I ordered a pair online and found that they fit well at my normal size.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
andykeck said:
I ordered a pair online and found that they fit well at my normal size.
Not to offend, but do you have a 'normal' foot?

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
babak said:
Not to offend, but do you have a 'normal' foot?
My right foot is OK, but I'm always finding my left foot drunk and passed out in a cardboard box in the alley.

Other than that, they're pretty standard 10.5s, medium width.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
andykeck said:
My right foot is OK, but I'm always finding my left foot drunk and passed out in a cardboard box in the alley.
LOL, thanks, I needed that.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts