The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Lotus owners! I've never been to Dromo1 and I really want to check it out. Anyone want to have a meet at Dromo1 next week? I'm going to be in LA on business next week. Sunday (9th) evening is also good. I get in to LAX at 5pm on Sunday.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
i've never been there, this weekend is not good for me.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I am surprised more people haven't responded since LT'ers seem to love karting and the past two karting events drew 25+ people... What's up guys? Show an out-of-towner some Cali luv?!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
^what he said...I haven't been by to check out their new karts yet anyway. Pick a day and I'll cruise out. Just not Tuesday preferably..

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
How does Wednesday 7pm work for everyone? Dromo1 also lists that time as "Open Racing".
Since this has been your only post on the forum I should probably state the obvious which is that people probably don't feel like they "know" you so they might be hesitant to meet a stranger someplace. (Isn't this what our moms told us about?) Maybe you might want to share a little bit about yourself. :shrug: It's just a thought...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hmmm.... I'm in my 30's. I'm Asian. I love motosports and racing. I'm not a serial killer. I'm a guy. I'm married. I own a 2007 Exige S. I like beer.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sounds like you have all the makings to be a LotusTalk member... Sorry, my schedule is ultra-busy at work, but I've been to Dromo1 and it's definitely a lot of fun. Their track is set up well IMO

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I might be interested, but that place is 45 miles from my office. There's no chance in hell of me getting there on a week night before 8, and probably not until 8:30.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hmmm.... I'm in my 30's. I'm Asian. I love motosports and racing. I'm not a serial killer. I'm a guy. I'm married. I own a 2007 Exige S. I like beer.
You have my vote since you are not a serial killer.:cool: (Not that I have some strict criteria...rotfl) So which Dromo1 are we talking about here anyway? Irvine? Or did they open up a 2nd location? I haven't been to Dromo in forever since it first opened...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have my vote since you are not a serial killer.:cool: (Not that I have some strict criteria...rotfl) So which Dromo1 are we talking about here anyway? Irvine? Or did they open up a 2nd location? I haven't been to Dromo in forever since it first opened...
I'll be staying near Santa Monica. The Dromo1 I was talking about is located at:

1431 North Main Street
Orange, CA 92867

Their website does not mention of a second location.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I'll vouch for him - he's a great guy! :shift:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts