The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Magnetic Blue available at Overseas Motors, TX

I declined to take delivery of my Magnetic Blue after I could find no buyers - I just purchased a Noble.

It should arrive just before Thanksgiving - give them a call if you are interested.

They gave me my deposit back!

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Re: Magnetic Blue available at Overseas Motors, TX

dodgy_01 said:
I declined to take delivery of my Magnetic Blue after I could find no buyers - I just purchased a Noble.

It should arrive just before Thanksgiving - give them a call if you are interested.

They gave me my deposit back!
Congratulations! It's an awesome car. I, and I'm sure, a few others here would like to hear about your experiences with it. Stay in touch.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
dodgy, how long is the wait between ordering the car and taking delivery? Is that the newest model (M400?)?

-Steve

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wait period

Mine is the M12 GTO 3R.. not the M400.

I know the first 4 M400s are close to delivery - the next 4 will be leaving South Africa Shortly.

I think the wait is about four months but could be wrong. go to www.1gracing and call Dean Rosen if you are interested.

I didnt wait at all for my car - I had called several months ago and told them that I had ordered a magnetic blue elise with biscuit interior. I was fortuante that someone decided not to go with the Noble after ordering it. They called me - a week later test drove it and bought it on the spot. I think I was very frustrated about the wait for the Elise - I was #9 on the list in Dallas...

I shipped the chasis down to Bobby Archer Motorsports in Fort Worth - they are installing the engine this week.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I'm sorry I'm not too well informed about Nobles. Are they U.S. legal? If so, are they starting to sell them in the U.S. (dealer networks, etc.)?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are installed as a Kit car - even though they are a full production car in the UK - They are done this way to cut out the very expensive crash testing that the DOT requires here in the USA.

You can get them through www.1gracing.com

Its just a Ford Duratec V6 engine which alot of people should be able to work on - parts are a lot cheaper than for a Porsche!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
dodgy_01 said:
Its just a Ford Duratec V6 engine which alot of people should be able to work on - parts are a lot cheaper than for a Porsche!
As I understand it they are a highly modded Ford Duratec V6. I don't think you're average Ford dealer will be able to work on it or it's twin turbos...

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
man, that thing is really cool....i dont blame u....
is that the car thats like 70k though? if it is, its out of my league..

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its pretty expensive - having to sell other cars - but the Elise was catching up pretty fast. After Tax with the options I chose - there was little change from $50K.

There is very little comparison in the the car drives to the Elise - dont get me wrong - I love the Elise - but the acceleration on this thing tears your eyelids off :)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
rucnok said:
the website says about $80K for the noble and i'd rather get a viper with a warranty for that money.
Noble is quicker than the Viper and at around 2200 lbs with fantastic handling, it will hand the Viper it's a$$ on the track. Still the Viper will no doubt be more reliable. Noble is an even smaller company than Lotus so expect even more niggles and wait times due to part replacement to be much longer than you would have to wait for similar repairs on a Liz. Plus without a trunk the Noble is even less practical than the Liz. Still it is an awesome car and very close to the Liz in weight.

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
80 grand.....damn, thats way out of my league....
i dont really care about trunk space or anything....i guess it doesent matter, i cant afford the car...tuh.
sure is nice......if i had the jack i would buy that in a heartbeat over an elise or anything else....
its too bad cause a buddy of mine puts kit cars together and hes awesome, and he builds the engines too...

·
Registered
169 Posts
dodgy_01 said:
Its pretty expensive - having to sell other cars - but the Elise was catching up pretty fast. After Tax with the options I chose - there was little change from $50K.

There is very little comparison in the the car drives to the Elise - dont get me wrong - I love the Elise - but the acceleration on this thing tears your eyelids off :)
dodgy_01, wait, you mean you got the Noble for around $50k? Or do you mean the Elise was approaching $50k?

Later this month, on the 30th, Lamborghini Dallas is hosting a Concorso and track day at Motorsport Ranch. If your car is ready by then, I humbly suggest you take it out there for the show. Given its rarity in the US and the no-doubt pristine condition it'll be in, you might come away with some awards. :)

Besides, I'll be there anyway and would really love to take a look at the M12. :bow:

http://www.lamborghinidallas.com/trends.asp

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Elise was approaching $50K - the Noble was a little bit more ;-)

I aim to be at that event with Bobby Archer - they want to show my car and the guys from Noble are coming.

I will be the bloke with the long hair...oh and the Noble. Come find me.

I was hoping to get it Friday but there are a few parts we need so it may be Tuesday - I cant wait to drive the thing.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts