The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I had my car in for the 1k service, I wanted to check out the stage 2 exhaust on FVMC's demo so they let me take it out for a quick spin...

Ride quality feels more like a luxury car than a sports car to me - I'm glad I went with the LSS.

The exhaust sounds nice, though.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Im picking up our yellow car next week and its a base model suspension...we plan on adding aftermarket suspension to it.

We're running the dragon in it.....we're both used to driving the LSS car.

How different would you say the ride is? Are the base model tires crappy?

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OneFastLotus said:
Im picking up our yellow car next week and its a base model suspension...we plan on adding aftermarket suspension to it.

We're running the dragon in it.....we're both used to driving the LSS car.

How different would you say the ride is? Are the base model tires crappy?
The tires didn't seem too bad, but definitely nothing I'd want to track it with. The ride is FAR softer, and I could feel that it rode a bit higher from the ground. I felt a bit of body roll in a somewhat low speed turn, and I don't feel any at low speeds in my LSS car. You know all those pebbles, road seperations, bumps, etc.. that you feel with the LSS setup? You really don't feel any of that with the base suspension.

I could be crazy, but that's how it felt to me during my short drive.

·
Registered
389 Posts
There is a LOT of feedback through my base suspension car... (pebbles, road markings, etc.) Perhaps the one you drove had issues? Or maybe the LSS is really *that* much stiffer that relatively the base seemed soft. Wow, must be a helluva lot stiffer... Now I want to try one to compare! :D

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
my guess is that at least 90% of that was in your head. By all accounts the cars are very similar. In normal street driving i doubt you would feel much of a difference. The major difference is in the tires, which you don't really notice until you push the car.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
It's mostly the tires....ride height differences are tiny, the spring rates are near identical...

The LSS front tires are way wider and really help the car in the tight stuff. The AD07s are way more compliant over certain types of road surface. You can also feel the heavy LTS wheels compared to lighter rollers.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably just because I'm used to the LSS setup now... though I know the body roll and softer ride over bumps wasn't just in my head.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
>>>though I know the body roll and softer ride over bumps wasn't just in my head.<<<

LTS on AD07s, LTS on AO48s and LSS on Hoosiers all roll about the same at the limit...roughly three degress. I think they hit the bump stops. The softer damper on the LTS cars means you'll get there sooner though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts