The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I stopped by two Lotus dealerships.

First was St Louis Motorcars, they had two GT’s in stock then I traveled to Gator Motorsports where they had a handful in stock, one of which I drove.

Every GT my head hit the roof, if I reclined the seat back it was better however not in my preferred position. I also don’t see how i could fit a helmet in my head with the seating position.

when I drove a evora 400 a year ago, I didn’t recall having this issue??

it also seems like the seating position is very high in the car.

is there any way to lower the OEM seats?

that being said, super impressed with the guys at Gator!

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
How tall are you? I’m 6’1” and sat in one Sunday. Had a couple inches headroom, maybe enough for a helmet but barely.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Weird... I too am 6"1' and could even fit a helmet no problem, in there. Are you possibly... like a 26" inseam???:D

·
Registered
336 Posts
You may be same in height..But some like myself have long legs while others have shorter legs but have tall torso length..
I had a friend shorter than me by 4 inches and when he sat In car I owned he had to tilt his head the 4 inches.
It was the first time I ever saw it and never did forget how different we are in body lengths.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think the S1 seats are a tad lower. The Evora is Lotus most practical car - easiest to get in/out. I must try 2 x harder to get in my Exige vs the Evora.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My friend who is 6'1'' had issues in my 400, but he's more torso than legs. I'm more legs than torso, and I fit just fine.

I haven't taken the seat apart, so I'm not sure if it can be lowered or not. I'd prefer it a hair lower, but I'm fine as is thankfully.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There are spaces in the rear mounts, if I recall, of the 4 mounting points for the front seats... approx 1/2 inch tall.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am 215 ish lbs.... 32in inseam

the Carbon sport seats, are those the seats in the GT430? Do they accept 5pt belts?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Not sure where the carbon seats were standard but in the UK they were available for the 430 and the 400 shaped sport 410.

·
211 & Zenos E10S Driver
12 Posts
Today I stopped by two Lotus dealerships.

First was St Louis Motorcars, they had two GT’s in stock then I traveled to Gator Motorsports where they had a handful in stock, one of which I drove.

Every GT my head hit the roof, if I reclined the seat back it was better however not in my preferred position. I also don’t see how i could fit a helmet in my head with the seating position.

when I drove a evora 400 a year ago, I didn’t recall having this issue??

it also seems like the seating position is very high in the car.

is there any way to lower the OEM seats?

that being said, super impressed with the guys at Gator!
Did you try the 410GP at Gator they have for sale? That One is mine - I’m 6’2”, 250 lbs and I fit fine, even with a helmet. It’s also a special car - in the JPS livery.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn’t sit in it, probably should have. They have a white 400 there getting serviced. I drove that car when it was for sale at MAG in Columbus. I don’t recall having issues with headroom

they did show me your 410 however from the beginning of my visit I told them any color except black... just not a fan of that color on a sports car. They told me towards the end of the visit about the 410 and that yea it’s black.... but it’s still worth a look. The black/gold looked so nice.., I was surprised by how much I liked the color!

what’s replacing the 410?

·
Illegal Alien
4,716 Posts
Not sure where the carbon seats were standard but in the UK they were available for the 430 and the 400 shaped sport 410.
In the US we don't get the carbon fixed shell seats, no airbags, etc.

·
211 & Zenos E10S Driver
12 Posts
The GT is the replacement for the 410 - but they aren’t doing it in the JPS livery. The 410 has pretty much all the same equipment as an optioned out GT — but with the livery. It’s a special car that you can get at a discount to the GT.

I didn’t sit in it, probably should have. They have a white 400 there getting serviced. I drove that car when it was for sale at MAG in Columbus. I don’t recall having issues with headroom

they did show me your 410 however from the beginning of my visit I told them any color except black... just not a fan of that color on a sports car. They told me towards the end of the visit about the 410 and that yea it’s black.... but it’s still worth a look. The black/gold looked so nice.., I was surprised by how much I liked the color!

what’s replacing the 410?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts