The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

I was at Lotus Cars USA on Friday with Arnie. He was kind enough to let me take the USA engined Elise for a spin. You guys are going to love this car.

Much better performance and build quality then the UK spec 111 I drove last fall. Little claustrophobic with the hard top, but a great car.

Have Fun!

Mark Pfeffer

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
sonza68 said:
This is probably the jealousy speaking, but I hate you.
No probablies about it, I hate him too, I'm still one of those saps who ordered the car sight unseen, I have yet to see/drive one.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Another site unseen sap here. But my wait is down to 12 weeks. I'm sure I will be pleased as I regularly kick the crap out of all who stand against me, as well as a 1 mile stretch of pure heaven (16 turns) by my house!

·
Banned
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Arnie tells me to let it warm up then bounce the tach up to 5,500+ which I do. She really sings when she comes on cam. I'm rolling along in 5th gear and then I realize it still has another cog. What a hoot!

This car is sooo much better then the UK spec Elise I drove last fall. The hard top is sort of tough for a guy who is six foot. I think the gull wing top would work well. There is no way to gracefully exit the car with the top in place.

Shift is positive witha nice feel when it click into gear. No mush. Acceleration is good (hey I'm used to a 400HP Esprit) and braking is second to none. I hope some of you guys come to LOG 24 so I can take a spin on the track in an Elise.

Mark Pfeffer

1 - 8 of 8 Posts