The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I think a thread like this is long overdue. A while back we had pretty good momentum on a similar thread for the older 1.2 systems. The X2 is a different controller with newer strategies and software. We hope that other of you X2 ECU users in the community can contribute to this thread with input as well.

First thing I'd like to contribute is a clarification on basic specs.

X2 is not same as 1.2 although they look similar at first glance.
X2 can be identified by having a download cable port on the side of the box opposite of the main connectors. They also come with "X2" decal on them.

X2 unit features that are different from 1.2

• Internal DBW control
  • Uses Lambda 1 input for NGK (or other wideband sensors)
  • Has adjustable Traction Control as standard
  • Installation is 100% plug and play via DRS interface module
  • Has AC control
  • Has CAN Bus to stock dash
There are maps in our archive for all of the popular engine configurations, i.e. SC, turbo, and NA.

Customers who need Kph configuration can get upon request.

Regarding crank trigger update:

Early on only a few of the early X2 units needed a hardware update, and this was to cope with rebuilt engines that we identified to have more crank end-float and less consistency. We found that engines that had less end-float could rev past 8,500 rpm and did not need this hardware update, but we opted to make the update a standard for all ECUs anyway. We have since tested this on engines that rev to 9,200 rpm.

More info will be posted as time permits. Any questions are also welcomed.

Kris

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here you can download help documents for handling various popular tasks with nEditor and Analysis programs. Such as Lambda Control, ECU logger table, and using Math Channels. 3 folders in total.

Near future subjects covered will be as follows:

• Using Engine Protection
  • Using Pit Lane Speed Limiter
  • Using Traction Control for wet and dry race conditions
  • Using Shift-Cut (aka Flat-Shift)
  • Mapping Alpha N v. Speed Density
As well as data analysis tutorials and interfacing your ECU with data loggers.

Keep checking in with us for new or also visit us on Facebook at DRS - La Habra, CA - Local Business | Facebook

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
i'm using winzip 14.5 pro and cannot open the files. Error message reads "Cannot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive. If you downloaded this file, try downloading the file again."

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I have the 1.2 and I'm just looking at some of my data from last year. I LOG at the track. I've been focusing on Lambda set-point, Lambda 2, and Lambda correction. I would like to get comfortable with adjusting fuel trims and using the learn features to smooth out my maps.

My first question is when I am looking at a segment in the analysis software and for example Lambda setpoint is 1.0.and Lambda 2 0.84, how instaneous is the Lambda correction?

·
Registered
121 Posts
What does the Lotus PNP(SKU: DRS-X2-PNP-T4e) solution include other than the X2 itself (SKU: EFI-X2-ECU) and the DRS pnp adapter(SKU: DRS-PnP-X2-T4)?

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Hello all. I have an interesting problem. I have a 2005 Elise with a ForcedFed 275 turbo system. I had a DRS/EFI X1 setup, which I removed last fall and sold. I purchased a X2 system from Kris at Dynamic Racing Solutions and it's theoretically plug and play because the harness should plug into the existing locations that I had from my X1. The problem is I can't find where the MAP sensor is. Since I can't find the plug, I can't play. I was hoping someone with the same setup could either tell me where it is or snap a picture or two and send them to me so I know where to look.

For those who aren't familiar with the system - I know the 2005 doesn't come stock with the MAP sensor, but the DRS/EFI setup does use a MAP sensor and the MAF sensor is disconnected.

Again, any help would be appreciated. I've been looking for this sensor for hours.

Thanks,
Trevor

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
It does not have a map sensor. You need to install it and plug it in. Stock the Elise has MAF sensor. You need to remove MAF senator. I have a 2x efi setup with 275ff. Did you get the data logger? You can Velcro it to side of engine bay. You likely know this but you need connect vacuum line to sensor

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Hello. Thanks for your post. I have a MAP sensor installed in mine. I guess it was installed when the X1 and FF275 were installed. I looked at pics of my old harness, and there was a MAP sensor connector. I just can't find the sensor in the car. The problem is I took the X1 out 4 months ago and I'm just putting the X2 in now...and I have no idea what the MAP sensor looks like or where it was. Next time I do a switchover, I'll mark all of the connectors... Any guidance is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I am curious as to what the benefits are over the x2 vs. The x1.2 vs the x1? If someone could explain them in layman's terms it would be much appreciated. I am trying to make the best financial decisions based on my overall goals.

Thanks for the insight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts