The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sure someone here goes to the dry cleaners and all, but i was thinking about doing a dry cleaning pick up and delivey service and was wondering if anyone on here has used a similar service?? and what are your experiences?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
For about four years we had a dry cleaner in our area that serviced the office park we are located in (as well as a number of other office parks). They would pickup and deliver on specific days. It was incredibly convenient and we had quite a number of people in our office that used them. Unfortunately, they stopped about 2 years ago. I have no idea what happened (if they just stopped the service or they went out of business). It was a bit more expensive, but not excessive at all. In my opinion, it was well worth it.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
My neighbor has dry-cleaning pickups and deliveries all the time...we make fun of him. Just kidding...its incredibly convenient, and if I had dry clean items (especially uniforms) then I'd love to have the service.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Great idea, but how many suit jackets do you realistically think you'll be able to fit into the Elise? :shrug: :p

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Not to threadjack, but does anyone know of a good, environmentally friendly cleaners in West L.A.? (Like "Spruce" before they went out of business.)

(The environmentally friendly places are better on your clothes... no harsh chemicals.)

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Not to threadjack, but does anyone know of a good, environmentally friendly cleaners in West L.A.? (Like "Spruce" before they went out of business.)

(The environmentally friendly places are better on your clothes... no harsh chemicals.)

Here are a couple of places...

City : West Los Angeles
<table border="0" width="90%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="text" align="right" width="12%"> </td> <td class="text" align="right" width="32%">Name of Cleaner:</td> <td class="text" align="left" width="56%"> Clean Living California</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="text" align="right" width="12%"> </td> <td class="text" align="right" width="32%">Address :</td> <td class="text" align="left" width="56%"> 11301 W. Olympic Blvd.
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="text" align="right" width="12%"> </td> <td class="text" align="right" width="32%">Phone Number:</td> <td class="text" align="left" width="56%"> 562-634-8552</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="text" align="right" width="12%"> </td> <td class="text" align="right" width="32%">Web Address:</td> <td class="text" align="left" width="56%"> Clean Living Hakuyosha Dry Cleaners & Launderers</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
<table border="0" width="90%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="text" align="right" width="12%"> </td> <td class="text" align="right" width="32%">Name of Cleaner:</td> <td class="text" align="left" width="56%"> Cowans Cleaners</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="text" align="right" width="12%"> </td> <td class="text" align="right" width="32%">Address :</td> <td class="text" align="left" width="56%"> 11423 Santa Monica Blvd.
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="text" align="right" width="12%"> </td> <td class="text" align="right" width="32%">Phone Number:</td> <td class="text" align="left" width="56%"> 310-473-5727</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="text" align="right" width="12%"> </td> <td class="text" align="right" width="32%">Web Address:</td> <td class="text" align="left" width="56%"> http://www.cowancleaners.com/</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
...listed on this site, Green Earth Cleaning. Haven't tried them myself, but I think what you say about the quality of care in "green" cleaners is generally true.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I believe there were some sort of new regulations passed within the past year or two which required dry cleaners to change the way and/or chemicals they use for environmental reasons. I think this change might've put some dry cleaners out of business...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts