The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Wow, I guess F1 is not as easy as it looks. Who would have thunk?

:shift: We need a smiley face burnout and crash to commemorate this moment.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
...i ahd my money on that ford from the start! :p

·
Registered
657 Posts
I am glad I personally fund people like that so they can make fool of themselves. 1 gallon at a time...our $$$ at work!

·
Registered
879 Posts
I did the EXACT same thing with my Elise the night I brought it home. Second gear, second cam, COLD tires.:panic:

Thankfully that wall wasn't there. Or a lamp post. Or a tree. Or a sturdy pedestrian.

Damn shame they didn't get to complete this demonstration - The Ford GT would have been lapped before it made it around once.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Not sure but the track has a patch that looks slightly different colour where the spin starts. Wonder if it was a bad repair?

Even so theres a reason f1 drivers walk the track before racing!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'd bet it broke the diff. It happened to me in F3000 when we broke a spider gear in a powerflow. The steering lock is so limited that by the time it gets to the point you try and catch it you can't get the front wheels back to the direction of travel.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Too much throttle, not enough grip and not up to speed? :shrug:

·
Registered
663 Posts
looks like something broke on it to me. He takes off & you see the marks from both tires..... then several feet after the tires have tractions the back end kicks out & there are no signs of wheelsping. Something must of broken.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts