The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some more pictures, as promised in the "What did you do . . . today" thread.

This trip was even crazier than the last I went on up the coast of the UAE to Khasab in Oman. Why? Four times as many Lotuses, Evora Ss to pit my lowly N/A up against, and this trip had both the technical canyon carving moments and also sweeping curves that we took at shocking speeds. And in other areas we took at speeds that would have you arrested in the US. It's the fastest I've ever been on four wheels.

Also, the N/A 475bhp modded out Evora beast. I'll add pictures for those who were interested. Carbon fiber roof with mohawk is only the tip of the iceberg on that Evora. Not my style, but I can appreciate the fascination with it.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And on the road . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
At the turnaround point . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And the Hulk Evora . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They've sold some, not sure how many. A few of those cars were being driven by folks from the dealer/agency.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Nice. I like the size of you Union Jacks. I had a colored on but it was too big and looked awkward. Those are perfect sizes.

·
Illegal Alien
5,157 Posts
What info do you have on the engine in the N/A 475bhp modded beast? I have a hard time putting my hands around that figure, as even Lotus Motorsport with their 4.L Cosworth engines at 470 Hp @7600 rpm could not push that power without reliability problems, and there we are talking single short races, race gas, 110 dB open exhaust, open rear for cooling not Dubai heat, sand storms, stop and go usage, and near stock muffler at least.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Darn I never have any fun like that! Thanks for putting it up.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
very nice! Hulk evora should be green. :D

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What info do you have on the engine in the N/A 475bhp modded beast? I have a hard time putting my hands around that figure, as even Lotus Motorsport with their 4.L Cosworth engines at 470 Hp @7600 rpm could not push that power without reliability problems, and there we are talking single short races, race gas, 110 dB open exhaust, open rear for cooling not Dubai heat, sand storms, stop and go usage, and near stock muffler at least.
Unfortunately, I'm the last person who should try to communicate what was done to the motor. I'm attaching a couple of other pics somebody else took. I was just coming in to the conversation as he was finishing explaining where it came from. The logo says F1 Lotus . . . and somehow it seemed like that was where it was worked on. I don't know what that means. He mentioned something about increased radiator size, connecting rods, and I don't know what else. The exhaust was very loud. Haven't heard the Plack exhaust, but I can't imagine it being any louder than this one. It has a beefed up roll bar and racing harness, wired up rear view camera in place of mirror, and I don't know what else.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great pictures. love the orange Evora with the mohawk. is it functional?
I believe it is functional.

And some barge boards. Actually a bit too much bling for me.
Yeah, for me I've yet to see anything that changes the basic architecture of the Evora that has been an improvement. Maybe the barge boards. I don't like any of the front splitter options I've seen, and the changes to the side panels tend to break up the lines. I also think the wing detracts from the lines of the car. Minor things like messing with paint schemes and carbon fibering elements is fine and a matter of personal taste.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Awesome Trip it was

Yeah it was awesome, posting few more from my camera ...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 67 Posts