The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How come people with higher numbers are getting their cars before me? I understand that some cars have been delayed because of the LSS option or certain colors, but mine is just a Storm Tit./red with the touring pack. And I'm #3 in line (#2 if you don't count the demo). The only other thing I can think of is that these dealers that are getting their cars so quickly have a higher volume of Esprit sales in the past, so they get special treatment? But Criswell Lambo/Lotus isn't exactly a small Mom & Pop dealership...

I know it's just a matter of days until I get mine, and I'll survive, but I'm just confused 'cuz I thought I'd be one of the firsts to take delivery on this coast! :rolleyes:

Although, getting (well, at least ordering) "SIZMTRS" on the license plate for my Elise made my night ;)

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I spoke to my dealer and he said that allocation was based in part to Esprit sales during a specified period of time. Some dealers may have had more total Esprits sales last year than others, but if it was based on a month or quarter, that would change the numbers around. They claimed that they had the highest sales during the specified period, but then, all dealers probably say that. But I am getting my car next month, so their was no need to bs me and the dealer has always told me the truth.

In the long run, your delivery date comes down to when the car was given a build order number, and when it was put on the ship, and when it is sent from the port to the dealership.

In most cases we can get all of the information except how the build order is determined- that is the missing information.

Is build order determined by allocation, color, options, a throw at a dartboard in Hethel, a monkey pulling a number out of a hat, or Magic 8 Ball, the time your dealer faxes their order for cars in, God only knows. The only possible way to determine it might be by serial order number. If their is a pattern (numbers 1-3 are to dealer A, 4-8 are to dealer B, and so on, it might help us figure it out. But then again all the serial numbers might be thrown in a parts bin and you get whatever number comes out.

I dont care if someone with a higher number gets their car first, I am happy that we are getting them at all. A month or two difference doesnt matter when you have been waiting for years.

As the ramp up starts, the time lapse will be shorter anyway.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, like I said, I'll survive (I'm not sitting here fuming or anything), but it just seems like a completely random system of car delivery. I agree with your dart board and monkey theory.

Anyone else with a low number at Criswell getting any more info than me?

PS- totally happy for the people who are getting their cars, I just want to share in the fun asap!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts