The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The local community college, Deanza, is having it annual auto tech group fund raiser. They host an autocross in the college parking lot. This is a unique event and has been held for over 25 years.

People used to line up at 2:00 am to enter this event. You really have to wonder why when you only get one run! Yep, you heard right, one run. Now people must pre-register, but those who entered or won their class the previous year get priority. There is no on-site registration.

Why the enthusiasm? The event has a large number of spectators, thousands of people show up to watch. There is a large variety of cars, with dune buggies, Malibu Grand Prix car, NASCAR car, and various others showing up from time to time. There are the expected race prepared cars, daily drivers, and the odd ball vintage race car. Many national champion drivers show up as well. Food and T shirts are available.

My daughter won her class last year in the Elise. She and I will be co-driving this year in the Exige. I keep offering to be her tire warmer but she still thinks I am faster. Perhaps she will change her mind this year.

Stop by and say hello.

Michael

Attachments

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
It's a fun event to watch, I'm not sure I'd want to participate (for the reasons listed above). You get all types there, lots of good drivers, some bad. The worst driver I saw had a turbocharged Ferrari 355 and made a complete fool of himself...absolutely no car control at all, spun several times, was finally black flagged and didn't even get to finish his run!

Good luck!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm sorry

But I don't know if I overlooked it or not, but is there a date on there? I'd be interested in coming by just to watch and meet some people.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts