The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I am sure this has been discussed many times, but can't seem to find it. I am looking into getting a new exhaust for my Elise, and found one I like, but not sure how they sound. The one I am looking at is made to exit through the rear screans eather side of the license plate. They have a 4in exit tip on eather side (Made to look like the S1 elise). Does anyone have any sound clips or info about a exhaust like this? I would like any comment on this or other exhaust.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
OK, I am sure this has been discussed many times, but can't seem to find it. I am looking into getting a new exhaust for my Elise, and found one I like, but not sure how they sound. The one I am looking at is made to exit through the rear screans eather side of the license plate. They have a 4in exit tip on eather side (Made to look like the S1 elise). Does anyone have any sound clips or info about a exhaust like this? I would like any comment on this or other exhaust.
I think I remember Sector111 having some soundclips on their website, not sure if they have one of their dualtip exhausts.

I thin however, you're referring to the S2 111 111s 111r factory exhaust (European S2) as the S1 has an "middle" exhaust like the Federal Elise, but up higher, but coming through the bumper instead of diffuser.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, that's them. I was also woundering if they make a cover for the hole this will leave in my defuser, or if I would need to make something to cover it?

I think you are talking about the Larini se exhaust. I have ridden in a lotus with this exhaust and can tell you it sounds awesome! Check it out here for pictures http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f154/larini-se-installed-many-pics-71709/

Sorry no sound clips, check youtube, there are a few.

Hope this helps Ian

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yep, that's them. I was also woundering if they make a cover for the hole this will leave in my defuser, or if I would need to make something to cover it?
Jim Valentine of 2bular used to make a piece that would fill in the hole in the diffuser where the exhaust used to go. Check his site at 2Bular - Performance Exhausts

I have the Larini SE and LOVE the sound. Louder than stock, but no drone. I have forced fed exhaust header which "brightens" the pitch even more. I will see if my son still has a short video sound clip of me at a track day.

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts