The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A distracted duffus eyeing my car somehow failed to noticed I stopped and he slid into it after hitting his brakes a bit too late. I heard the screech but was stopped in heavy traffic and had no where to escape.

He smacked the Evora but must have said one "hell" of a prayer because there was no obvious damage. I had a few electrical hic ups while driving home over the next hour but those appeared transient.

I am wondering if the smack could have caused any hidden damaged? I track the car and don't want to find out something was damaged at an inopportune time.

I am thinking about taking the car to Magnus Collision in Atlanta to be checked. They specialize in Ferrari, Lambo, Aston, Lotus, etc. It is about 200 mile drive though one way and includes substantial time fighting Atlanta's heavy traffic.

Anybody have experience with rear impacts to the Evora? Any thoughts on if there could be hidden damage with no exterior damage?

·
Registered
686 Posts
What an Evora can get rear-ended and not be totalled? Maybe its time to trade up :), sorry bout your luck though.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Since you had some electrical hickups afterwards I would have the imobilizer checked. It may have dislodged a bit and then go awry at the wrong moment under track loads.

The Evora has bumpers made of plastic ( PP or PE, not sure which), but not fiberglas as the Elige. That makes them so resilient (and grown up).

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
I would watch for spider cracks forming over the next month.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,401 Posts
Get it thoroughly checked out!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Yeah, have it check out, frame and all - especially rear bumper structure under the plasic cover. Any sensor in the rear? Good luck - glad you're Ok!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
You have his contact information, right?

I had a Lexus SUV clip me in my Elise a few years back. We stopped and found no damage. Later realize he cracked my side marker. $100 to replace but I didn't get his info.

·
2013 Evora S since 11/13
247 Posts
Agree that it should be checked. I previously had a other make sports car and had the same thing happen. I thought the car thar rear ended me looked like the bumpers lined up and no damage. Actually their front bumper submarined under my rear and did damage under the rear. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Also make sure to check the gaps wherecthe bumper meets the side panels. Easy to oversee.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all. I got a pic of his driver's license/ insurance card and had the police do a report. I assumed it could get expensive just to checkout the car for damage so I went through the whole fender bender hoopla. Hopefully his insurance company won't make it too difficult to get payment for an inspection.

·
Registered
144 Posts
A distracted duffus eyeing my car somehow failed to noticed I stopped and he slid into it after hitting his brakes a bit too late. I heard the screech but was stopped in heavy traffic and had no where to escape.
Same exact thing happened to me 3 months ago, but with significant damage ($35,000). No subframe damage, though.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
There is a vent behind the left reverse light area that can get smashed with a light impact (I speak from experience). Reverse light housing on mine was also cracked, but never showed any moisture until after a few washes. Don't brush any impact off. My simple crack turned out to be a $5k claim.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts