The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is under the small cap in the headlight lens, looks like it should be a lens washer or maybe a shock mount under the cap:shrug:

I know, dumb question but it bugs me not to know.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
lens washer. Activates every fifth or third (i think) application of the windshield wiper juice when the headlights are on/always if you have the DRLs.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That would be my luck, clean the car and then get soapy water all over it.(great) Can we turn it on or off at will? or is it 100% auto?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Let me fix that:

It activates any time you have just washed and waxed your car.
Touché. I disabled my drls but occasionally forget about these at night

There's been talk of pulling a fuse to disable it but I'm not sure anyone really figured it out

·
Registered
171 Posts
take off fuse 32 or 36... can't remember. ( I switched it off 3 years ago. ) And finally your car remains clean. They have much to much pressure (good for cleaning) but bad for the rest of the car optically.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts
I made a note of which breakers to pull, but let me wrap my mind around this.......it squirts high pressure water on the outside of the lens to clean it when activated?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Yes it's for inclement weather-and it does its intended purpose. I've noticed crap sits on these lenses because they're at such a shallow angle.

However, if you don't have a need, it's a huge pain.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds to me that if the washers can be disconnected by the fuse then I should also be able to by pass the auto len washer system and install a switched to run the washers when I want them to turn no and off. Thanks all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts