• I will Buy the Eagle and Still keep the Elise / Exige

Votes: 15 11.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think many Elise/Exige owners are going to trade in for the new Eagle, but how many here are planning on this...

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I'm sure it will be a nice car, but it will weigh more, have more "luxury" stuff, and be larger in general. Not what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm sure it will be a nice car, but it will weigh more, have more "luxury" stuff, and be larger in general. Not what I'm looking for.

+1..what he said ^

would have bought a Cayman S if that's what i would have wanted. :no:

·
Registered
807 Posts
i dunno, the thought of having more conveniences and 'daily driveability' while retaining the hallmark lotus driving dynamics appeals to me. had they offered it in the USA, i may have gotten the Europa instead of the Exige.

if lotus has the 997 in their sights and they indeed have hit the mark with this E-something, i might be inclined to trade up - or down, depending upon your point of view ;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Also remember that in making Eagle, Lotus is going after a different buyer and not necessarily the same type that buys the Elise/Exige. This is not to say that the Elise/Exige owners won't get an Eagle but more to say that Elise/Exige owners would probably still keep their current car and buy an Eagle just because they also fall in that market.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Well, I did sell my Elise to Abe (Southbay) back in June 2005 our upcoming baby and the Eagle (with it's rumor rear seats) was definitely a factor. I just thought it would be introduct in early 2008 and available by Fall 2008. So I'm a year off.

But it really depends on the spec and what else is out in 2010.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Lets face it Lotus builds a WONDERFUL street/track or track only car(Elise/Exige platform):drool:. The build quality of their cars however is(shall we say):shrug: "questionable" in regard to about everything besides the amazing chassis, great suspension, etc. If I want a(heavier) Touring Car I will get a GT3 or a CarreraS(future goal) but my little lotus(track car) will always have a spot in my garage. I have learned to not expect more from Lotus than what the car is intended to be.
It is the only car that I have ever put in my will, I want to make sure it goes to someone that will appreciate it for what it is:D

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I'll stick to a commuting car and an extreme sport/track car. But I can see the car being perfect for many. IE if I had a short commute, and lived with a gf/wife who had another car, it would be perfect

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Maybe-it wouldn't be until I knew the all the specs of the car inside and out and it would be a few more years down the road. I don't think so, though. I still love what I have even after three years of daily driving.

Lotus, your biggest competition is going to be our satisafction with our current Elises and Exiges. Who knows, maybe in two years, I won't be able to climb in and out of the Elise so easily...

The Eagle wmight be the answer for all those people who bought an Elise or Exige and then sold it a few months later because they couldn't live with the compromises. Anyone who can afford to do that can afford the extra cash for the Eagle.

Tom

·
Registered
705 Posts
I might have been tempted if it was out when I got my Elise. Not now. Since then I am a convert to the lightweight, single purpose sports car. I have other vehicles to haul kids in.

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
oh heck no! ...i'll keep the pure sports car of the elise - i don't need a sports gt type car.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Hmmm... My wife has been thinking about needing a new four seater family car. But it has to be a convertible. Maybe when they add that option. And I win the Lottery... rotfl

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
thats a Negative, i wont trade my Exige for an Eagle, if i EVER wanted an Eagle i would probably keep my Exige as well ... NO Kids :p

edit: showed the eagle to my GF, and she is diggin it!!! and since i dont track often, i may consider it, of course after seeing it in person and getting a test drive, maybe even wait til the 2nd yr of production :D

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...my elise is a perfect little runabout...while the e/agle/thos looks much better-suited to filling a GT role, really it's ill-suited to service as a runabout, and it doesn't take my breath in the same way, either...

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have to agree with other replies, but maybe after I see it I'll change my mind. I will keep my Elise. If anything I'd rather add the Katana supercharger. It is everything I want in that car. It's a "raw" sports car. I don't need an intermediary. I like to drive all out or I drive a Mercedes to feel like I'm sitting on a lazyboy lightly touching the wheel. I don't look to Lotus for something less than the ultimate sports experience. They just don't have reputation or experience to deliver that.

My advice to lotus is to continue to focus on the driving experience. People buy Lotus cars for how they feel on the road. I'm not buying a Lotus to drive my kids around. A Porsche will be better for that. I'm not using it as a daily driver. My car is used point to point and with a radar detector on the road. It's avery focussed machine.

With all that aside, the pictures I've seen of the Eagle don't really "turn me on" like the Elise/Exige did. Lotus needs raw. Refined is for the other guys. I want a machine not a cute ride. That's for GM to do.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts