The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
OK OK... this is hilarious! Carfax reports no accidents. The last carfax record for this car was when I did a service at British Motors of SF in March. According to Carfax, this car is clean as a whistle! :coolnana:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Do you know if there was frame damage?

If not, I am thinking about going to the auction and see what I can get the car for. If there is no frame damage, it would have the makings of a great little track car.

It makes me wonder if you could get a 2-11 type body for the car and turn it into a 2-11. Add a s/c, and some other performance parts and you might be able to have a 2-11 for 1/2 the cost.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
There is absolutely no frame damage that I can see, having said that I will take no responsibility :no:. There is a crack in the front clam, the rear clam is shattered. The car spun, impacting the guardrail twice, maybe at a 20 degree angle each time, the inertia switch was never triggered. Suspension is steady and I drove her when she was at the shop, she went straight as an arrow at 30mph.

·
Registered
508 Posts
thanks, I will check it out. I wonder if they would let me scale the car (I have my own scales) prior to the auction.

Looking at the garage that is exactly what I need, one more track car.

Drop me a PM where you get your new mystery car..... we need to get the local Sacramento Lotus owners together for an event at some point.

Rick

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
rick, I doubt that they will let you in there with scales :D

If you talk to the manager.. Maybe

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
So who ended up buying my car?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
??
I did not. I think the Lehman BK got me a bit too busy to buy a project.
Hahaha sorry about that dude.
Well, someone must have bought it?

Anyways Rick let's hang out. I'm slapping some new tires on Mariah this week and want to take a nice extended drive this weekend. I've been a bit busy vacationing in Hawaii last week. Saw 4 elises in Honolulu alone :eek:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sure a giant 4 foot piece of aluminum flying at you at 60mph only causing 750 in damage. Obviously you never been to a body shop before. Nor know anything about the real cost of repairs. A new windshield any car is 300 dollars at cheapest cost, new front bumper is 600 mounted and painted, rear quarter damage umm that's 1500 at least on a regular car. How does that equal 750 in your fantasy land???

Aside from this it's sad that someone dropped a giant sheet of aluminum on the road and didn't notice. We are all very lucky that this did not kill someone.
In the OP's defense, the Suburban DID hit the same object and presumably is not totaled..........(or may not have even noticed)

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Somehow this car made it to Germany and is currently for sale here for 23.000Euro :eek:

elise 1.jpg
elise 2.jpg

·
Registered
285 Posts
Cheap for an LHD car in the EU! Not on mobile.de anymore... I think someone snaped it up.

If there was no damage to the frame and everything repaired as it should, it's a cheap car.

Would not want to find out the history of it AFTER buying it though...

41 - 52 of 52 Posts