The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any input on wraps. Planning custom graphics on front clam. I could have airbrushed or printed on a wrap. Never had any experience with wraps and how they hold up. Stone chips seems to be biggest worry I have

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
A wrap is still vinyl which is not as thick as a protective clear wrap. If you are going to track your car, which I believe you are, you are going to want to put a protective film on the car. Besides the front of the car, you want to put some in front of and along the bottom trailing edge of the rear wheel arch.

Looking forward to meeting you and your car at LOG39.

Take care,
Eldon

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Just don't do it on a white car. I've had two white cars that have yellowed from Vinyl Wrap. You need to keep it out of the Sun or it will stain paint. Even 3m good quality films.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My experience is nothing has worked for me at the track.

My car came with Starshield it got peppered up very fast at the track after about twenty track days.

I resprayed the car, had Xpel which is 8 mil applied then had Oracal 4mil wrap applied over the Xpel (the wrap was primarily done for style). This was only marginally better but not worth the money.

The bottom line is a rock flying at 100 mhp can do some damage and it's hard to prevent.

My primary concern is the headlights as they are so expensive, I have covers to apply over them for track days.

I have even thought about having a thick fabric bra made.

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just don't do it on a white car. I've had two white cars that have yellowed from Vinyl Wrap. You need to keep it out of the Sun or it will stain paint. Even 3m good quality films.
I’m in upstate NY we don’t get a lot of sun lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts