The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best freakin show Ive seen in five years and that includes 2 other Duran Duran shows! Highly recommended if you want to dance your ass off for two hours. Just thought Id share...you will not be disappointed if you go. SO GO!

Denver - May 12, 2008
Denver, CO - Wells Fargo Theatre
VIP On Sale

Chicago - May 14, 2008
Chicago, IL - Rosemont Theatre
VIP Sold Out

Detroit - May 15, 2008
Detroit, MI - Masonic Temple Theatre
VIP On Sale

Atlanta - May 17, 2008
Atlanta, GA - Chastain Amphitheater
VIP Sold Out

Orlando - May 18, 2008
Orlando, Fl - UCF Arena
VIP On Sale

Boca Raton - May 19, 2008
Boca Raton, FL - Mizner Park Amphitheatre
VIP On Sale

Raleigh, NC - May 21, 2008
Raleigh, NC - Koka Booth Amphitheatre
VIP On Sale

Philadelphia - May 22, 2008
Philadelphia, PA - Mann Center for the Performing Arts
VIP On Sale

Bahamas - May 24, 2008
Paradise Island, Bahamas - Atlantis
On Sale - See Main Site for Details

Columbia - May 27, 2008
Columbia, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion
VIP On Sale

Boston - May 28, 2008
Boson, MA - Agganis Arena
VIP On Sale

New York - May 30, 2008
New York, NY - Central Park Summerstage
VIP On Sale

New York - May 31, 2008
New York, NY - Central Park Summerstage

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I think I told you I saw them in their heyday on the "Reflex" tour with Culture Club.:huh: Still have the Rio album and cover (was really into Patrick Nagel, the artist who did that cover). No more West Coast dates?:shrug:

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
They are coming to the Bay Area. I was afraid they may have lost it but glad to hear you enjoyed the show.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
I'll be there this Saturday to see them in Atlanta at Chastain.

I've got an extra ticket if anyone's interested ($100).

I have to say though, and this is hard as a fan of the band, that their latest album is the worst one they've ever made.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
rubber duckie! yes yes we have similar music tastes for sure. i had the opportunity to surf your ipod with your eldest. see you in august :) air show!!!

sorriineneie go!!! you wont be sorry :) especially if you're down with goldfrapp. in the middle of the set they do this DJ kinda thing where they just all play keyboards kraftwerk style. they did maybe 6 songs like this and then return to their instruments. jesus it was great. i believe i found a video of it.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vpvpFfvWH8E&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vpvpFfvWH8E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

mick yes i agree the new albums take alot longer to grow on the mature ear. had i known how much fun i was going to have i would have gone both nights. i hope you have a blast.

oh course a bunch of krypton people love duran duran.....what a bunch of aholes! :)

·
Registered
724 Posts
I saw them a few years ago without the 'original' lineup, here in Charlotte. It was a great show. Might have been during the Pop Trash era.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
Who are they using for a guitarist now? I wonder why Andy left again?

·
Registered
992 Posts
Who are they using for a guitarist now? I wonder why Andy left again?
DD can call me or contact me here at LT. i think i can handle Andy's parts...

but while we're on the subject: the Cure just kicked off their u.s. tour here in the D.C. on friday nite. Played for 3 hours, 39 songs. Any Cure fan needs to see them. They rocked it hard. 3 encores. Yep, three!

·
Registered
584 Posts
I just saw their show at the Vegas Hard Rock.....awesome show...The funny thing is I actually was given two free tickets by their guitarist when he spilled beer on me at the bar..

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NSFW!!!!!!!!

the...best...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KA-LRK2Od2A&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KA-LRK2Od2A&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just heard during tonight's Chicago Cubs game, that Duran Duran will be singing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" during the seventh inning stretch at Wrigley Field Tuesday night (May 13th). It will be televised on the local (Chicago) Comcast Sports Net channel.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
I grew up on Duran Duran. Saw them 2 times in Pittsburgh after they slowed down around 1990 and 1993.

Still one of my favorites.

Ordinary world is my favorite song from them. I have to say that I still live in the 80's music was so much better back then. Actually, Music and TV was better then, Motion pictures are better today.

Anyway would love to see Duran Duran in concert again. They rock.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts