The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hav only driven the car a few times after the recent wash. And the rear is just as dusty as this. I am wondering if this is brake dust, or from the Cup2 tires?

Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Car Tire

·
Registered
48 Posts
I hav only driven the car a few times after the recent wash. And the rear is just as dusty as this. I am wondering if this is brake dust, or from the Cup2 tires?

View attachment 1299525

With sticky tires, and the cars natural low stance itll attract lots of dust to the rear. All cars are like this to different levels. Nice SS btw!

Id reccommend a ceramic coating. Helps alot with this issue. Keeps mine cleaner then when it didnt have a coating.

·
Registered
333 Posts
With sticky tires, and the cars natural low stance itll attract lots of dust to the rear. All cars are like this to different levels. Nice SS btw!

Id reccommend a ceramic coating. Helps alot with this issue. Keeps mine cleaner then when it didnt have a coating.
You just need to drive faster so the dust can't catch the car🤣

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I plan to do PPF on the doors (maybe the rear clam too). Do you know if ceramic coating can be applied on the PPF?

Thanks for recognizing the SS! It does the family duty well.

·
Registered
1985 Excel RHD
108 Posts
You can drive as fast as you want, you're not going to outrun the dust. It's a matter of aerodynamics. The low pressure area at the back of the car draws the dust up as you go down the road.

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
I plan to do PPF on the doors (maybe the rear clam too). Do you know if ceramic coating can be applied on the PPF?

Thanks for recognizing the SS! It does the family duty well.
Absolutely. One of the best things I did to my 400 was have it professionally color corrected, entirely PPF'd, then ceramic coated. It's so easy to clean and keep clean not to mention how fantastic it looks. Time consuming to do correctly and thus expensive

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,381 Posts
Just go AIO and SiO2. Easy. Blackfire does quite well. Lots of over the top stuff out there. On Autogeek forum on occasion and it is overrun with OCD types. Use it to try a few new gen products. On my Lotus, Collinite 845 still my go for top coat to as it has been for 30yrs. You have white car syndrome....

Reactions: empti

·
Registered
311 Posts
Probably a lot of it is just soot from the exhaust. These cars tend to run pretty rich. A ceramic coating, sealant, or wax will help to some extent. +1 for N/A V8 sedans. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts