The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I had my seats re-upholstered I had the guy put in some Dynamat on the floor of the cockpit and up the back sides behind the seats. I think soon after I got my car back from Fox Valley having suspension work done by T.J., my interior sounds like someone is rubbing Styrofoam together whenever the car moves over the road in an incessant and almost constant squeaking.

It seems like its coming from everywhere on the floor. I thought maybe the shifter center cover was rubbing on the aluminum piece that separates the passenger side from the drivers (down where your feet are at), but that didn't make any sense as this sounds like Styrofoam rubbing and squeaking. Anyone use Dynamat or have a similar sound?

I'm going to remove my floor mats and passenger seat first. Then the Dynamat and if that does not stop it, the center holed aluminum divider is coming out and lastly the shifter-centerline cover. If I can't figure it out by then I don't know what I will do. My son complains about this as well and even my wife is asking me what the sounds are so I don't think its normal or that I'm nuts... :thwack:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts