The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a local reputable place close to Rockville that performs dyno's? I'd like to verifiy exactly how much power the Exige is now making and if I made a mistake with going with a PES tune.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Talk to the folks at Competizione in G'burg. It's Ferrari service shop but they will dyno other cars on a space available basis, read that as saturday(that's what they told me). Their chassis dyno is an absorbtion machine and attaches directly to the driven hubs (no tire slippage or accidental launches).

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Jermaine and VF are in Gaithersburg in the airpark.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the recommendations.

I'll go ahead and call ISP and Competizione. I'd prefer to get a real dyno done rather than the dyno used by VF which is placing higher numbers due to the wheels being removed.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks for the recommendations.

I'll go ahead and call ISP and Competizione. I'd prefer to get a real dyno done rather than the dyno used by VF which is placing higher numbers due to the wheels being removed.

Thanks again.
Here is ISP's website Infinite Speed & Performance Online Store
They worked on my Evo and were great with it. I have not had a chance to bring my Exige to them though, but i have no doubt that they could work on it after seeing what is in their garage

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
+1 for ISP. I've gotten all my cars dynoed by them.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I've decided to actually go with Behe Performance since they know about the PES and Charlie Tune.

·
Registered
476 Posts
John speaks volumes about Charlie. If you get him started you'll be in for a 30 minute conversation :)

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
DynaPacks don't read higher because the wheels are off, it reads differently because its not turning a whacking great roller. behe use the same dyno, coz its one of the best ones ! :)

·
Registered
992 Posts
John speaks volumes about Charlie. If you get him started you'll be in for a 30 minute conversation :)
ummm, everything with John is a 30 min conversation!!!!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Good thing about Dynapak's is that you dont need to worry about wheel slippage on rollers..

·
Registered
279 Posts
Not sure what motor your chatting about but I was at my regular 6speed spot on Sunday.
I do not know either, I was not there but my car was. My husband took my car to some thing this sunday and there was a black 2006 Exige with a BWR supercharger who apparently posts here and has an accent. I was just wondering if it was you since you are ex londoner and have a black exige with a bwr supercharger

·
Registered
336 Posts
I sure would like to see a Exige slip the tires on my 248x Dynojet.:) I have only had one car spin the tires....a blown,alcohol,injected big block chevy making over 1000 hp on a set of 255/60/15 tires.

Good thing about Dynapak's is that you dont need to worry about wheel slippage on rollers..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts